Buck 101 Hunter Club

David Nowlin

Gold Member
I don’t see it at Buck knife site? Was it discontinued?
If you have one post a picture to officially join the club!
You know the drill 😂 😂

Membership list is post #22 FYI

Last edited:
Ok i checked my other thread “Tried This” and the answer is discontinued. They still sell the 101 sheath though so now i see what y’all were talking about me buying a 101 sheath to carry my 110 open. Reason is i was at a General store in the mountains today and they had 3, 101’s in blister packs for sale. I believe he was a buck dealer as he had a case full of yellow boxes.
DN

They really are nice knives. The top one was customized for me by BF member kossetx.
oCKHs7c.jpg

I really don’t need much coercion.
The one he had open i put my 110 on it and size was the same. He said they were $100 but I wasn’t buying at that time. Didn’t look at what steel it was or any of that but now that i know I can’t buy them anymore i will consider picking one up. Or not.
Now if there was a 101 club I might be coerced? IJS

Question. Was there an original 101 fixed blade Buck? What is the history of the 101? Was it a flash in the pan? Was it produced before the 110 as in someone thought “ hey why don’t we make a 101 in a folder”? Or was it “hey let’s make a 110 fixed blade”. Kind of a which came first the chicken or the egg? I know nothing of the 101 except it’s discontinued and it looks like a 110.
Thanks
DN
Ps. Did a quick search for info on the 101. It was mentioned but guess i need to get some history from those i count on here for the straight poop!

Last edited:
Question. Was there an original 101 fixed blade Buck? What is the history of the 101? Was it a flash in the pan? Was it produced before the 110 as in someone thought “ hey why don’t we make a 101 in a folder”? Or was it “hey let’s make a 110 fixed blade”. Kind of a which came first the chicken or the egg? I know nothing of the 101 except it’s discontinued and it looks like a 110.
Thanks
DN
Ps. Did a quick search for info on the 101. It was mentioned but guess i need to get some history from those i count on here for the straight poop!
This might answer your questions:

Wow didn’t last very long if start of production was 2017…… what 3 years? Guess it wasn’t a big hit. Will look for one on the net before i go back and pay $100 for the one i saw in that General store.

So far a quick search found zilch, zip, zero, nada.
Ever get that feeling you missed the boat? That’s the feeling i have right now. I still think the 101’s in that general store aren’t going anywhere fast. Will make the trip again as we loved our day out up there.
DN

bcci did a version run that had the look of a folder 110, but was a fixed blade. was a gag sort of idear. try to close it joke theme, was the ad. never seen one of those for sale since that run while back. tried to find the newsletter but cant remember what year and couldn't find it on bcci. they went into production in 2017 as video shows but thought there were oddball runs before that...could be wrong though.. either way didnt last very long. the 101 weren't real popular that I remember. I like them myself.

Really cool info guys.
I honestly didn’t look at the ones very closely. Wish i had now. Seems most of the small (mom&pop)hardware stores and small town general stores around here have Case and old timer knives in those old fashioned wooden display cases. Seems Bucks are hard to find other than walmart.
Though you say it might have been a joke it certainly has peeked my interest. The fact that the general store in question just started selling knives and exclusively Buck is incentive enough to support our local small business.
Thats my excuse and i’m sticking to it.
DN

Last edited:
Oh and to be 101 club grand pooh bah i think i would have to actually own a 101? Let me just thank you for the nice gesture.
I would be curious to see how many members there are out there though?

So far a quick search found zilch, zip, zero, nada.
Ever get that feeling you missed the boat? That’s the feeling i have right now. I still think the 101’s in that general store aren’t going anywhere fast. Will make the trip again as we loved our day out up there.
DN
There is a dealer that bills themselves as, Kentucky's larges cutlery dealer , that seems to have some.

O.B

Oh and to be 101 club grand pooh bah i think i would have to actually own a 101? Let me just thank you for the nice gesture.
I would be curious to see how many members there are out there though?

You might be surprised. Heck, even I have a couple.

Back