Buck 101 Hunter Club

Of course because i’m a fungi said the mushroom to the barmaid.
It’s lovely and cool up in the mountains. Coming down is fun just feels like a blast furnace once back to my town.

Last edited:
Of course because i’m a fungi said the mushroom to the barmaid.
It’s lovely and cool up in the mountains. Coming down is fun just feels like a blast furnace once back to my town.
easy solution, move to the mountains part. 😉

I know that is true for the streaks, but I’ve never seen new Ebony that is as dark as the old. But maybe it got darker with age too. I also remover them saying the old bony came with huge cockroaches! I don’t think Buck has ever put a bad handle on a knife.
Have a look at my new ebony 101 in the photo in post #4 of this thread. Don't think it can get much darker. No cockroaches!! ;)

I live in the foothills and my house has a huge forest for a backyard that runs down to a chain of lakes that run from the mountains to the east coast (Charleston and Savannah) so its just the 4 lane running through the hot cities but my homestead is cooler. But thanks for your concern. 😂

Have a look at my new ebony 101 in the photo in post #4 of this thread. Don't think it can get much darker. No cockroaches!! ;)
Yep that’s how that black one i passed on looked. I think it’s neat that there are so many color variations on the wood. All the knives were 2017 ‘s which is the first year of the production knives right?

Ok i discovered something that I actually thought would be the opposite. The 101 is actually 2oz lighter than the 110? @5oz to 7oz respectively. I guess the full tang of the 101 isn’t as heavy as the brass frame of the 110? And the fact that the 101 has 1 brass bolster not two like the 110. I’m dying to open one up and see how it feels. Just can’t decide which one I want to carry and which i want to save as they are both nice.

Last edited:
Ok i discovered something that I actually thought would be the opposite. The 101 is actually 2oz lighter than the 110? @5oz to 7oz respectively. I guess the full tang of the 101 isn’t as heavy as the brass frame of the 110? And the fact that the 101 has 1 brass bolster not two like the 110. I’m dying to open one up and see how it feels. Just can’t decide which one I want to carry and which i want to save as they are both nice.
Feels a lot like the 110

8C202113-8A9F-43D8-8D70-603F53B96071.jpeg
Such i nice knife. Lighter than a 110. Feels great in the hand. Gotta be a lot cheaper to build?
I love it.
Glad i got it when i did. I need some expensive dental work and wife found out she has to have eye surgery so knife funds will be somewhat needed elsewhere for a little while. I kinda knew the shoe was gonna drop but been in denial lol.
DN

Last edited:
bcci did a version run that had the look of a folder 110, but was a fixed blade. was a gag sort of idear. try to close it joke theme, was the ad. never seen one of those for sale since that run while back. tried to find the newsletter but cant remember what year and couldn't find it on bcci. they went into production in 2017 as video shows but thought there were oddball runs before that...could be wrong though.. either way didnt last very long. the 101 weren't real popular that I remember. I like them myself.
I finally had a chance tonight between all the craziness going on at the house to dig out my BCCI 101.

C5D4FBA0-7C5F-4DF3-BE2B-8908A1DFA03F.jpeg

It's not really about strength, you do not have to unfold a 101 to use it and a hunter doesn't have to worry about crap in the pivot.
I agree with you. The 110 has been a raging success. The 101 was dropped pretty quick due to lack of interest despite the advantages. Possibly due to its harder to pack a fixed blade rather than a folder.

I carry my 110 alot more lately and with so many fixed blade knives Buck makes it’s a great time being a Buck Fan. The 101 is a great new option for me, kinda the best of both worlds as i love the feel of my 110 and don’t lose it when i want to carry a fixed blade.
dn

I agree with you. The 110 has been a raging success. The 101 was dropped pretty quick due to lack of interest despite the advantages. Possibly due to its harder to pack a fixed blade rather than a folder.
I think it's just kind of a hard thing to sell, just like a folding version of a 102 would be hard to sell.
It seems everyone asking for it probably got one, and after that it probably never jumped out as anything more than a 110 on store shelves to anyone glancing as they walk by.

Personally I'd love to see them do a 101LT with orange scales.
I'll bet if they got that into Walmart it would probably sell decently.

I think it's just kind of a hard thing to sell, just like a folding version of a 102 would be hard to sell.
It seems everyone asking for it probably got one, and after that it probably never jumped out as anything more than a 110 on store shelves to anyone glancing as they walk by.

Personally I'd love to see them do a 101LT with orange scales.
I'll bet if they got that into Walmart it would probably sell decently.
Agreed, but selling to Walmart and at 1200 knives a week swamps production at minimum profit.

When i worked at Lowes they carried the 110 and it was $18 more than the same knife at wallys. It was also in the tool department not sporting goods at WM. They never seemed to sell for that reason. I mentioned to Lowes that the 110/112LT would make a much better utility knife for a tradesman whether worn on a belt, in a tool pouch or in a tool box.
Eventually like all products that don’t sell Lowes probably reduced the price by 90% and whoever was working the tool department that day bought the 3 stagnant knives for $4.70 each lol. I once bought 8 $500 generators for $129 each and i still have one left. Amazing how many generators you can fit into a Ford Excursion lol

Back