Buck 101 Hunter Club

So i tried inserting my 2017 110 into a 101 sheath? Doesn’t fit? There’s a plastic insert in the sheath not allowing it to go in but just a tiny bit. Is that insert removable so i can insert and allow the leather to stretch into shape? Inquiring minds want to know…..

A9EB3CC0-B501-4139-BBCE-DDB812F023FD.jpeg
Yep i pulled the plastic insert out and gently inserted the 110 and the leather adjusted great!
I may remove the plastic on the 101’s sheath too. This is a sheath i ordered from buck so not stretching out the 101’s sheath just this spare.
I thought the plastic was there to prevent the blade from cutting the sheath but the blade side is open so guessing its there to maintain the shape and should be removed before inserting knife?

Last edited:
Remember the Walmart clearance for Christmas tins? A 110 for $8.00 and a 112 for $14.00? I remember trying to find some with no luck at all..

I had a knife point cut through a non-Buck sheath while putting the knife into it.

Cut myself too.
I like that little plastic liner.

5C8B882B-88BB-4A1D-8186-ADB9191F5DC7.jpeg
Not sure how this liner would prevent a cut through? As you can see it is open on the blade side? Maybe someone in the know can explain the liner on this 101 sheath?

I could see that if the liner was not open on the blade and point end. But its all open?
And good morning.

You must explain……
When the 101 came out there was alot of chatter. Couple different blade and handles appeared then it was discontinued. I believe i had 4 of them. Now i just sold the last one online. I love the 110. On a fixed blade i prefer a guard or finger choil.

Looks like it was pulled away but maybe cut also.

Yes i love my new 102 pro.
To me the 110 is a big folder yet the 102 feels tiny yet for all intents and purposes its the same size?

F98CC595-CBDC-45CA-A711-9A396AE345AA.jpeg
not cut just the way the knife pulls it into shape. I assume that is glues there where it pulled away from the sheath.
B0FA0934-48BB-481F-8739-630087B9984C.jpeg
the 110 pulled it from the other side.

Fun to use, easy to clean. I rarely stab things with it, so I don't really need a guard.

Buck110Fixed-Pepper01b.jpg

Fun to use, easy to clean. I rarely stab things with it, so I don't really need a guard.

Buck110Fixed-Pepper01b.jpg
For me a guard is just a safety so i dont slice my fingers in case the knife slips. I dont believe ive ever stabbed anything either. But i have lost my grip and luckily held a knife loose enough to not cut myself.

Back