Buck 110 Auto Now available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered one from Perry Knife Works, it looks like I got the last one. I will post my impressions as soon as I get my hands on it!

Looks to me that the leather stops short if where the button is on the snap side, and there's a hole drilled where the button is on the belt side.
Looks like it will be top-down carry with the option of blade forward or blade rearward.

Someone with the knife and sheath should clear this up.

I'm blaming the new forum format for any mistakes or repeats of my speculation...:D

I checked and the leather strip appears to cover the entire length of the front of the sheath. There is no hole in the back of the sheath on the strap side. The only thing that is in this leather piece is the rivet for the snap. It is a very tight fit and it seems to only go in with the button facing the belt strap away from the leather strip. You got me on how this is supposed to prevent deployment. I do not use sheaths for folders, anyway. Not even the 110.

It is a very tight fit...

Daniel, is the auto sheath interior space the same as a standard sheath? In other words, did they just add the extra leather strip, which explains the tight fit?

I checked and the leather strip appears to cover the entire length of the front of the sheath. There is no hole in the back of the sheath on the strap side. The only thing that is in this leather piece is the rivet for the snap. It is a very tight fit and it seems to only go in with the button facing the belt strap away from the leather strip. You got me on how this is supposed to prevent deployment. I do not use sheaths for folders, anyway. Not even the 110.

the sheath prevents deployment due to the knife being in the sheath, and that's about it. can't open due to the tight fit, button might be able to be activated i haven't tried yet to see, but won't open due to being in the sheath. i can't see how this slightly different sheath design for the auto 110 would stop deployment other than it just being a sheath in general, but maybe i am missing the obvious......

Perhaps it's just the extra leather takes up dead space, which prevents the knife from any movement, which could lead to possible deployment.

I was thinking the same thing as jb. The sheath probably just keeps the knife from opening. That extra leather piece just looks like its there to keep the snap from marring the knife finish.

It appears to be the same size sheath as the regular one. The leather strip is added to it reducing the space inside of the sheath.

I don't really see any reason for it accidentally deploying inside the sheath.

Maybe, someone from the Buck brain trust can clue is in?

As soon as I get one I'll let you know how to mess it up or deploy it in the sheath, my pocket, under my pillow while sleeping, etc :)
I'm skilled like that...........
Hold my beer and watch this..........

Kidding aside, I don't see it opening in the sheath being a big issue but would love to here from one of the Buck crew since I'm sure they had their reasons for modding the sheath.

This is the Buck auto that I've owned for 15 years.I just finished a rehab in the shop,so it looks new.

I'm disappointed that Buck didn't build a double action auto.

2md2kh1.jpg

2qwexis.jpg

I've had mine for just under a week. I have used it a few times. Every time I press the stud, the word SOLID pops into my mind. It opens and locks with authority. I'm very pleased with it. I think it will be very handy.

I got mine Friday after reading this post earlier in the week. It's really a great knife. I have pictures in the Sunday Picture Show.

33894047102_b89306f29b_b.jpg

33921702411_986006f299_b.jpg

What's going on with the blade where the divot is cut? Looks like it's coated with something?

Thanks for these quick reviews and much better pictures than previously available. I carry the 110 tip-up and so that the button on the auto will be towards my body, alleviating the need for that extra leather in the sheath; but I've always thought the leather 110 and 112 sheaths were too loose, so this will be an improvement.

I'm thinking that's just extra oil on the divot. It is brand new, after all.

Keep the pics and info coming. For instance, how loud is the snap on opening?

Zieg

Here's a video of the 110 auto in action starting at 0:29...

Hi Gang, The extra pad is to keep the button from being depressed while in the sheath if you bang it on something, not just to try to keep the button from getting depressed while taking the knife in and out of the sheath.

Jeff

I really love this knife!! The more that I have opened and closed it, it just keeps getting smoother.

Buck outdid themselves. 112 auto, 112 auto, 112 auto........

MT_Pokt, that was just a bit of factory lube that has since disappeared over the last week.

Thank you Jeff Hubbard. I will keep that knife in that sheath only.

Jeff, should this knife be lubed on a regular basis? I don't have the box with the instructions handy at the moment.

A note about the sheath. After taking the knife in and out a few times I noticed lines in the brass. After a week the rivet that holds that extra piece of leather in place is scratching the knife. That might bother some folks. It does not bother me, as I will be using this knife. I have carried this knife everyday since Friday. I will carry it off and on in my normal rotation of everyday carry knives.

34216860775_40552618ce_c.jpg

33832715260_9b817f2582_c.jpg

Also, should the knife be stored open to eliminate tension on the launching mechanism or doesn't it matter?
I typed this before and don't know what happened?
I was a tool and diemaker in a spring company and have read that it is a flat coil spring that opens the new 110. If the spring was heat treated right you should be able to keep it closed without the spring taking a set for the life of the knife. I keep worrying about my older auto knives with a flat springs and wonder if they will take a set with the blade closed all the time. I do keep a close eye if they happen to get weaker. None have as of yet.

Last edited:
Per Bill Deshivs on the auto forum, you will not hurt an auto by storing it closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back