Buck 110 dual blade

B87401CB-651C-45C7-BF3B-D1BFA5AB3C5D.jpeg A5EBA7C8-F0C9-4C9D-A473-B94EA6A39B9C.jpeg CA590C49-E1A4-4942-B902-2927AADABF91.jpeg Hey Guys,

So I bought this knife couple of days ago along with a few others. The knife itself is stunning as per most buck 110s.

However one in particular aspect is very strange and for me as the relatively new kid “back on the block” is unsure the lock bar on one side is warped out of sync from the the other side.

This is not a complain post and I have no need to mention sellers but for me it’s ugly and firstly I’d like to know what you guys opinions is? Can it be matched if I sent it back to joe. Mr houser apparently was the one who made it this way

Thanks

what is causing that? pin loose or broke? what's it look like if opened, can it be opened? cant tell from your pics.

beautiful knife too.....

Nothing is loose, the lock bar is bent at the push end. The knife still opens correctly and even when opening/closing nothing is apparently loose. The blades are centres with no play. The seller mentioned Joe had designed it this way when he bought it. Middle picture knife is opened the other two knife is closed

I'll be interested to see what Buck says. Did the seller provide a COA? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's not a factory transformation. I just see some things that make me say that... Hopefully I'm wrong and they'll fix it.

Nothing is loose, the lock bar is bent at the push end. The knife still opens correctly and even when opening/closing nothing is apparently loose. The blades are centres with no play. The seller mentioned Joe had designed it this way when he bought it. Middle picture knife is opened the other two knife is closed
gotcha. was always that way. someone wanted to unlock easier by having it up high. so ya want it flush like other side. got to ask buck I'd say on that one.

I'll be interested to see what Buck says. Did the seller provide a COA? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's not a factory transformation. I just see some things that make me say that... Hopefully I'm wrong and they'll fix it.

That’s where I would put my £ if I was a betting man. I have a letter that matches up but it doesn’t say anything about the higher bar.

gotcha. was always that way. someone wanted to unlock easier by having it up high. so ya want it flush like other side. got to ask buck I'd say on that one.

I’m not so used to open these multiple times but it doesn’t seem to make it easier, I buy for aesthetics and to display. I would be thrown in a cell if I carried one of these in the UK.

That is patterned after the old 428 Selector. Which came out in 1987. Except only one blade locked. I saw that as a problem and took mine apart and made Both blades locking. I then sent it in to Joe H. who examined it and sent it back. On mine the lock bars are at even
height. Which causes a problem with unlocking the one blade as the thumb depress bars are close together. So, often I push down both bars while unlocking one. Anyway I think I would have still made mine in this fashion. Or put one blade a mid-lock and the other at the end. But that lock bar was made in that manner. Why I don't know. Yours has a up grade frame and handle. DM

Now Joe is going to be asked a 4th time if it can be fixed. I sold the knife but was used to seeiing the higher lock bar position. Like I said Im happy to purchase it back. i would prefer it.

I also asked Jeff Hubbard, Danny and the warranty dept.

Factory Made.

That’s where I would put my £ if I was a betting man. I have a letter that matches up but it doesn’t say anything about the higher bar.
Knife was purchased off of Joe Housers Table at the christmas sale 6 months ago. Joe Houser built the knife. I did not bullshit you in saying he did. Joe houser wrapped up the knife in the plastic sleeve and put it in the black box himself. Skelator you havent been on the forums for awhile and dont know me from Adam. Its a fact i dont BS.

Joe just texted me back. his password is at work and he is still at home. He said I could share his text.

I bent one of the rocker bars up to make it easier to access. It's very tough to operate if both rockers are at the same level. I've only done maybe 6 or 8 knives with the raised bar. By the way, I can't think of a way that someone could bend one up after assembly. I don't have my forums password here at home but feel free to forward this if you think it would help?

^that says it all. OP if ya ain't thrilled with it PM me. I kinda like it and find that easier to operate both sides.

Joe just texted me back. his password is at work and he is still at home. He said I could share his text.

I bent one of the rocker bars up to make it easier to access. It's very tough to operate if both rockers are at the same level. I've only done maybe 6 or 8 knives with the raised bar. By the way, I can't think of a way that someone could bend one up after assembly. I don't have my forums password here at home but feel free to forward this if you think it would help?

Makael, if I saw it as a problem I would of said. It’s more of informative discussion and I liked to get opinions on the knife. As I said above I’m for aesthetics. If I had any concerns of deceit I would of said. My point is it looks strange that’s all and with my lack of knowledge and the first few people that commented also seemed to be on my wave length it made a interesting discussion post.

I’m more than happy to keep the knife as I’ve already said it’s a stunner. It just wasn’t mentioned when I bought it that’s all

Back