Buck 110 dual blade

I think my opening statement says it all really, all I asked for was opinions as it’s not exactly normal to see a lock bar up but as I’m now aware of the purpose due to “this” post. Thanks to all that commented

The knife won’t be sold :)

Makael, if I saw it as a problem I would of said. It’s more of informative discussion and I liked to get opinions on the knife. As I said above I’m for aesthetics. If I had any concerns of deceit I would of said. My point is it looks strange that’s all and with my lack of knowledge and the first few people that commented also seemed to be on my wave length it made a interesting discussion post.

I’m more than happy to keep the knife as I’ve already said it’s a stunner. It just wasn’t mentioned when I bought it that’s all

Sorry, This is what got me. The idea that a third party did the work.
kossetx said:

I'll be interested to see what Buck says. Did the seller provide a COA? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's not a factory transformation. I just see some things that make me say that... Hopefully I'm wrong and they'll fix it.

That’s where I would put my £ if I was a betting man. I have a letter that matches up but it doesn’t say anything about the higher bar.

kossetx said:

I'll be interested to see what Buck says. Did the seller provide a COA? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's not a factory transformation. I just see some things that make me say that... Hopefully I'm wrong and they'll fix it.

That’s where I would put my £ if I was a betting man. I have a letter that matches up but it doesn’t say anything about the higher bar.

Surely you can see why I’m asking opinions, the raised locking bar is a definitive aspect of the knife, you would of thought it would be mentioned. As we brits can’t use these knives in public having matching locking bars and struggling to open isn’t a concern. If I had the option I would choose to have them flat.
Makael I’ve been around a while to notice yourself and many other of the longtime folk that were here 6 yrs ago. Keep up the awesome work with the sheaths

Here is the same model as yours, except original handle and frame. I've made several blades for mine. I thought the original saw blade
was too short so I made a longer one 4" of L6 steel. Then a trailing point skinner of 440C steel and a 6" boning / filleting or quartering blade, full flat grind of 01 steel. With original sheath. My lock also sits high. DM
Selector.jpg

Last edited:
That is a weird yet different design for sure. If somebody tried to do that modification at home after assembly they'd do some damage.

I could see mak now. Knife in a vice, flathead in hand and a smile on his face. "Let's fix this lock bar" :D. That's cool you can just text Joe and ask him, that put all the what if so to bed.

Love the knife.

On mine I kept the original feature of being able to change out a blade which gave it a wider range of use. Plus, the thicker handle
is much more comfortable. Just my take on this model. DM

kossetx said:

What "got" you about this? No one knew it was you who sold it. Nothing was directed at you. Do you think no one but buck has the ability to do such work? Are we not allowed to take educated guesses? Curious about that bothering you.

Skelator, how long have your silly knife laws been so restrictive. I carried a buck 110 at work in the UK ( on base) and as i recall any time anywhere off base most of the time? Circa 1980-84. Just wondering.

What "got" you about this? No one knew it was you who sold it. Nothing was directed at you. Do you think no one but buck has the ability to do such work? Are we not allowed to take educated guesses? Curious about that bothering you.
Pete, I don't think he was upset with your comments, but the response of " that's where I put my pound" would come across as bothersome to the seller

Skelator, how long have your silly knife laws been so restrictive. I carried a buck 110 at work in the UK ( on base) and as i recall any time anywhere off base most of the time? Circa 1980-84. Just wondering.

I may be quoting this incorrectly but here goes. The blade length is not an issue however once the knife is open it’s classed not as a folder but as a lock knife which then makes it restricted. They seem to be changing the terminology often.

Pete, I don't think he was upset with your comments, but the response of " that's where I put my pound" would come across as bothersome to the seller

That’s correct. Which was Silly of me. But as the opening statement suggests I was just after other opinions :)

On mine I kept the original feature of being able to change out a blade which gave it a wider range of use. Plus, the thicker handle
is much more comfortable. Just my take on this model. DM

We have only one use, look and admire. Hey steve why don’t you collect knives that are not readily available in the UK oh and to make it better you cannot carry :)

Its all good.

Glad things got sorted. What I’d like to see is more photos of the knife cause I think it looks great.

The knife won’t be sold :)

darn.:(:) it's a real beaut and cool and useful as all get out, to me anyways. enjoy 'er.....even if only at home.

I have a good pal in Birmingham Midlands area. hes scared to death for me to mail him a 110 with lock. I send him fixed blade bucks sometimes for a xmas gift.

he says they might take it or something on importing review and/or hit him with taxes/ vat fees, I guess? always want to send him a good 110, but he says no......

is it that tough there in the motherland, or is he just paranoid?

Back