1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 33 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Boker Urban Trapper 732 , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Buck 110 dual blade

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by Skelator88, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Skelator88

Skelator88 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 5, 2012
    I think my opening statement says it all really, all I asked for was opinions as it’s not exactly normal to see a lock bar up but as I’m now aware of the purpose due to “this” post. Thanks to all that commented

The knife won’t be sold :)

gunspease likes this.
  2. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015

Sorry, This is what got me. The idea that a third party did the work.
    kossetx said:

I'll be interested to see what Buck says. Did the seller provide a COA? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's not a factory transformation. I just see some things that make me say that... Hopefully I'm wrong and they'll fix it.

That’s where I would put my £ if I was a betting man. I have a letter that matches up but it doesn’t say anything about the higher bar.

3. Skelator88

Jul 5, 2012
    Surely you can see why I’m asking opinions, the raised locking bar is a definitive aspect of the knife, you would of thought it would be mentioned. As we brits can’t use these knives in public having matching locking bars and struggling to open isn’t a concern. If I had the option I would choose to have them flat.
    Makael I’ve been around a while to notice yourself and many other of the longtime folk that were here 6 yrs ago. Keep up the awesome work with the sheaths

4. David Martin

David Martin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Are both blades in permanent? Or can one blade be removed? DM

5. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    both are fixed

6. David Martin

Apr 7, 2008
    Here is the same model as yours, except original handle and frame. I've made several blades for mine. I thought the original saw blade
    was too short so I made a longer one 4" of L6 steel. Then a trailing point skinner of 440C steel and a 6" boning / filleting or quartering blade, full flat grind of 01 steel. With original sheath. My lock also sits high. DM
    Selector.jpg

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    KarlG, Badhammer, jbmonkey and 3 others like this.
  7. Brhowser87

Brhowser87 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2016
    That is a weird yet different design for sure. If somebody tried to do that modification at home after assembly they'd do some damage.

I could see mak now. Knife in a vice, flathead in hand and a smile on his face. "Let's fix this lock bar" :D. That's cool you can just text Joe and ask him, that put all the what if so to bed.

Love the knife.

Skelator88 likes this.
  8. David Martin

Apr 7, 2008
    On mine I kept the original feature of being able to change out a blade which gave it a wider range of use. Plus, the thicker handle
    is much more comfortable. Just my take on this model. DM

KarlG likes this.
  9. kossetx

kossetx

Apr 11, 2017
    What "got" you about this? No one knew it was you who sold it. Nothing was directed at you. Do you think no one but buck has the ability to do such work? Are we not allowed to take educated guesses? Curious about that bothering you.

10. David Nowlin

David Nowlin Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Skelator, how long have your silly knife laws been so restrictive. I carried a buck 110 at work in the UK ( on base) and as i recall any time anywhere off base most of the time? Circa 1980-84. Just wondering.

Skelator88 likes this.
  11. STEELHEADBULLY

STEELHEADBULLY Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Pete, I don't think he was upset with your comments, but the response of " that's where I put my pound" would come across as bothersome to the seller

12. Skelator88

Jul 5, 2012
    I may be quoting this incorrectly but here goes. The blade length is not an issue however once the knife is open it’s classed not as a folder but as a lock knife which then makes it restricted. They seem to be changing the terminology often.

13. Skelator88

Jul 5, 2012
    That’s correct. Which was Silly of me. But as the opening statement suggests I was just after other opinions :)

14. Skelator88

Jul 5, 2012
    We have only one use, look and admire. Hey steve why don’t you collect knives that are not readily available in the UK oh and to make it better you cannot carry :)

15. Makael

Oct 17, 2015
    Its all good.

16. Makael

Oct 17, 2015
    yes, Thats correct. We got it figured out. All is well.

Badhammer, jbmonkey and Skelator88 like this.
  17. Badhammer

Badhammer

Jun 8, 2009
    Glad things got sorted. What I’d like to see is more photos of the knife cause I think it looks great.

jbmonkey likes this.
  18. Makael

Oct 17, 2015
    Its
    Awesome knife.
    20190120_090956.jpg 20190120_090859.jpg 20190120_090845.jpg 20190120_090719.jpg

19. Skelator88

Jul 5, 2012
    Already tucked away :)

0A0C1BF0-8EB2-44CF-82A1-34B99E5CE20E.jpeg

Brhowser87, gotgoat, GPyro and 7 others like this.
  20. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    darn.:(:) it's a real beaut and cool and useful as all get out, to me anyways. enjoy 'er.....even if only at home.

I have a good pal in Birmingham Midlands area. hes scared to death for me to mail him a 110 with lock. I send him fixed blade bucks sometimes for a xmas gift.

he says they might take it or something on importing review and/or hit him with taxes/ vat fees, I guess? always want to send him a good 110, but he says no......

is it that tough there in the motherland, or is he just paranoid?

Lesknife likes this.