1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 29 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Ron Flaherty Folder , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Buck 110 Upside Down T Automatic

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by Kenja, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Kenja

Kenja Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Hello,
    Hope you all had a nice weekend. I have got this knife awhile back at an auction. Someone told me that this actual model should be a dual action knife both auto and manual. However my knife is Auto only. Can anyone fill me in some more information on this? I appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
    Ken
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    Its not a Buck made auto. Im not sure of who did the modification.

sassafrassdogs3 and Kenja like this.
  3. David Martin

David Martin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 7, 2008
    I've seen those. I think they are done in AZ. DM

4. Kenja

Dec 8, 2017
    Thank you. I appreciate it. I don't know anything about buck knives. I just bought it because it was very cheap and the auctioneer listed the knife as "Buck 110 folding knife" I notice it was an automatic and saw Buck 110 didn't notice the T. There was only a few minutes left. So I put my bid in. I got the knife!
    Someone online asked me if my knife was Dual action and when I replied no. He asked if I knew if buck makes 110T in auto version. I hope it wasn't a dumb questions. I did a quick search online but found nothing so I thought I would ask here at the forum. I appreciate you guys taking time sharing the info to me. Thanks again.

5. gunspease

gunspease Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2002
    The upside down T is a date code from 2004.
    Look above in the sticky section about the date code.

Kenja likes this.
  6. Kenja

Dec 8, 2017
    Thanks I did see that online. But I didn't know that the upside down T was a manual and not an automatic knife.

7. gunspease

gunspease Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2002
    There has been several different people that have done auto conversations to Buck 110 and now Buck makes them.

8. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    Does it work well?

Kenja likes this.
  9. Kenja

Dec 8, 2017
    Yes. I thought it was new. It fires open nice and clean.

10. JOE NOWICKI

JOE NOWICKI

Dec 19, 2018
    When it is closed can you open it without pressing the button. That is what is meant by manual opening. Auto is meant by pressing the button to open. To me it looks like you can open it manually which I have a few and press the back to unlock and close. That is a nice looking Buck conversion. It doesn't make it any less of a knife. Even Bucks own knifes cannot be fixed and sent back to you because they are restricted by law from shipping auto's. You can ship Buck's auto knives back to them, but they are hand tied and cannot ship it back to you after being fixed. Unless the law has been changed, which I have not heard. You can get the date code chart up above in the stickies for buck 110's. The upside down "T" means the knife was made in 2004. There is a different symbol for every year since 1986, before, there were dots to tell a group of years the knife was made in.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  11. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    If yours works thats great. Their are some online retailers who modify their own 110s then market them as warrantied.

12. Kenja

Dec 8, 2017
    Hi thanks for sharing the information. I posted my knife on Vimeo so you can see it open and close. If you go to the site. Search "buck110tauto" it is for a fact an automatic. If you try to open the knife manually in the closed position. The knife is locked shut. I hope you all have a great weekend.
    Ken

13. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    from what I'm seeing there is no way its gonna open without pressing the plunge lock/button out of the way of the blade cut.....

14. Kenja

Dec 8, 2017
    Correct. Please look at the video. Blade will not automatically open unless you Push the button. When you close the knife. You close it like the standard manual 110. The knife will not close if you push the release button.

15. jbmonkey

Jun 9, 2011
    yep. that's the way i see it from your pics. didnt need to see the video. I collect all kinds of autos, so I'm aware of all kinds conversions and lock setups etc.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    Kenja likes this.
  16. jbmonkey

Jun 9, 2011

^ @Kenja this is your video correct, Sir? if so I embedded it here for ya.

Kenja likes this.
  17. Brhowser87

Brhowser87 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2016
    Looks to be a very clean conversion. I've seen some real hack jobs done. You would think there would be some sort of mark or lable of the conversion company.

Kenja likes this.
  18. JOE NOWICKI

JOE NOWICKI

Dec 19, 2018
    I have quite a few Buck conversions and not one reveals who has done the conversion. I have enough to stop buying with what I have and I have never been disappointed. I also have a double action Buck conversion. You can open it without pressing the button or auto and press the button. If you can see the indent on the blade that is why you can open it manually. Kenja with the opening in yours that is why I thought it was possible to manually open the blade.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Kenja likes this.
  19. RevolverGuy

RevolverGuy

Aug 19, 2015
    Definitely not factory but that's one of the nicest 110 auto conversions I've seen. A few knife makers were doing them before Buck released their official auto in 2017. Never seen one like yours before though. It looks like on the other side of the release button it can be adjusted or taken apart by a hex screw.

Kenja likes this.
  20. JOE NOWICKI

JOE NOWICKI

Dec 19, 2018
    That hex is for the blade pivot. The release is further down cutting the bolster in half. I guess if you want to pop the blade out it is possible with the hex on back of the pivot pin.

Kenja likes this.