Buck 119 knife "100th anniversary" question

Hey I am trading a fellow forum member on a here for a Buck 119 "100th anniversary" edition and was curious about something, I know the regular 119's sometimes had issues of the handle cracking and was curious if the anniversary edition had the same problem as it appears to have a different handle material...Any info would be greatly appreciated

Thank you
Mike G

Well, I have about six 119's, two from the mid 80's, and none have had the handles crack. Add to that another half dozen 102/103/105's that dont have cracked handles. I had never heard the hanldes on the 100 series knives were prone to cracking.

Yes, Haebbie has the correct info.. I have a 100yr.Anniversary 119 and I've noticed no handle issues over the years . DM

Last edited:
Yes, Haebbie has the correct info.. I have a 100yr.Anniversary 119 and I'm noticed no handle issues over the years . DM
Agreed, it does have that black plastic handle and it is fine as all of my other knives with that handle.

I have both, the 119 100 year aniversary, and the experemental 119. Only the experemental has a cracked handle. I all so own a few 119's from the early 80's with no handle problems. HL

Back