BUCK 371 aka the Wal-Mart Special model or China Buck

I cut up 2 recliner boxes with my sheep foot blade and it had to be touched up on my Lanskey Crock Sticks.

Wiped it down and hit the blades 3 times on the Lanskey Crock Sticks and stropped the blade on the leather, a drop of Rem oil and put it up for now.

Worked it 2 weeks in a row since last report. Cardboard seems to dull it faster than anything else I use it on.

Last edited:
The 371 I had (the truck's poltergeist ate it) gave me no problems during the 4 months I carried it. A few swipes on the strop was all it ever needed.
The blades all had good walk and talk, and around a 5 1/2 pull on all the blades. It was just a little stiffer than my 301 to open.
Mine was the black and blue G-10 version.
I'd love to get another, but it seems no one has it any more.

Well it August and the 371 Buck Stockman is back in my pocket for more field testing.

Still pretty good bang for the Buck... 420j isn't the greatest blade steel as far as edge-holding, but it will do fine for a lot of daily chores.

Dead headed some Roses with it and cut some grass and weeds in the flower bed!

Last edited:
Bought a jigged bone 371 at Wally's a couple weeks ago.
I missed carrying a stockman.
So far, no problems. Seems every bit as good as the black and blue G-10 barehead 371 I had.
Blades all have about the same 5 1/2 pull, and no blade rub or wiggle. No gaps. The amber bone is pretty even on both sides, too.

Back