Buck 501 Blade Replacement

I sent an email to Buck's customer service department but haven't heard back yet, so I thought I would ask this here.

I have a Buck 501 with a worn out blade, I'd like to have the blade replaced because this knife has sentimental value.

My questions are, will Buck replace the blade, for what cost, and can I pay to have the blade upgraded to their s30v version offered on the custom 501?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff Hubbard (@J Hubbard) on this forum has the straight skinny for any questions you might have re: warranty work.
OG

I don't agree with giving out advice to contact Joe directly. He doesn't need to hear about every knife that needs worked on. That's what cs is for. Put yourself in his shoes.

Make sure you let them know it has sentimental value and you only want blade replaced. They won't upgrade the blade, I have tried.

I sent an email to Buck's customer service department but haven't heard back yet, so I thought I would ask this here......Any help would be appreciated.
I don't agree with giving out advice to contact Joe directly. He doesn't need to hear about every knife that needs worked on. That's what cs is for. Put yourself in his shoes.
Now that it seems that all who plan to answer the original question have done so, I'll respond to the quoted statement above.
kosstex, I'm guessing that when you mentioned "Joe", you were referring to my tagging Jeff. If so, in his role on this forum as "Buck Knives, Manager Quality and Warranty", he has asked many times to be alerted to any warranty problems. I was attempting to let him know of the situation as the OP stated he had not received an answer to his email. If I had used the word "issues" instead of "probs." my intent probably would have been clearer.
OG

Back