Buck 501 in S30V?

Is the only way to get the S30V version of this and other Bucks to go through the factory customization? Do they sell them outright anywhere?

Other than special runs done for BOTM or a SFO for vendor exclusives then the Buck Custom shop is the only way currently as they do not have a current production model of the 501 in that steel. You could look around the 2ndary market for one made in the past if they have done that steel outside of the custom shop before on that model

Then you might be interested in one from SKBlades called the Goodfella that has cpm154 blade with burlap micarta. I have one and it’s a fantastic knife.

Then you might be interested in one from SKBlades called the Goodfella that has cpm154 blade with burlap micarta. I have one and it’s a fantastic knife.

Yeah I've looked at SK Offerings and as wonderfully done as they are, the burlap Micarta doesn't sing to me. I look at them often though to see if I'm warming up to them and do admire the craftsmanship.

the burlap Micarta doesn't sing to me
There are people, on this forum and not, that can re-cover any knife to your liking. The added expense spread out over the life of the knife is not that much...especially if you love and use it.

Thanks! Those are, uh hum, sharp. :D:thumbsup:

Yeah I've looked at SK Offerings and as wonderfully done as they are, the burlap Micarta doesn't sing to me. I look at them often though to see if I'm warming up to them and do admire the craftsmanship.

I personally like the Goodfella but those DLT 501's don't do anything for me. I just got a CKS 501 with S30V and palmwood but I don't have a pic of it yet.

I didn't think I would like it. I was wrong. It's my most carried knife and I even bought a second one just in case. The barehead sets it apart from the pack and also reduces weight. Must be seen in person though.

Buck%2B501%2BGoodfella%2B01.jpg

Back