Buck Antique River Log Knife Questions

abey67

Gold Member
Wife just got me a Buck Antique River Log Knife and I can't find any info on this knife. Can anyone help me? Would like to know if this is a limited edition, how many were made , Price, etc... Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Wife just got me a Buck Antique River Log Knife.....

Welcome to the Buck forum..... but I think you've landed in the wrong place.
Do you possibly mean a CASE Antique River Log knife?

Last edited:
No, its a Buck 501. I found the Case knives with the same type of wood. This came with a sheath, a brochure about antique river, logs, and a small piece of river log.

The term "Antique River Logs" is a registered trademark of the company that reclaims/harvests the old sunken wood logs. Case has a line of pocket knives featuring this product. Never seen or heard of a Buck knife with this type of handle material personally. I'm guessing you have a knife someone customized in the aftermarket with the same product. A picture would be interesting to see.

https://www.antiqueriverlogs.com/

Last edited:
That's what the card and brochure had on it. I went to their website and couldn't find anything about a Buck knife. Beautiful knife and very interesting company.

If you can put pics up that would be great. I'm sure that's something we'd all like to check out.

Those RR tie knives at antiqueriverlogs are what I've been doing with my knives. Pre-creosote RR ties were usually made from post oak due to its rot resistance. Mine haven't been sunken but I have PO that is dark just like those Case knives. Some post oak can be ebony colored.

Those RR tie knives at antiqueriverlogs are what I've been doing with my knives. Pre-creosote RR ties were usually made from post oak due to its rot resistance. Mine haven't been sunken but I have PO that is dark just like those Case knives. Some post oak can be ebony colored.

So are you saying the OP's knife was sent in to have the handles done, but not by Buck??

I was just checking out their website. That's pretty cool, so logs sunk a long time ago while be floated down River take on a very different color depending on the river their found in.

So is this the company that buys that wack job Shelby's logs from the history channel?:confused:

If you looked up the website you wouldnt have to think, as it tells what the wood is.

If you looked up the website you wouldnt have to think, as it tells what the wood is.

OK, I looked at the website and all they say is "old growth timber"....If you know why don't you say so instead of browbeating someone asking a question?? Besides that the show on the History Channel was reclaiming Cypress wood, that's why I was asking....:p

OK, I looked at the website and all they say is "old growth timber"....If you know why don't you say so instead of browbeating someone asking a question?? Besides that the show on the History Channel was reclaiming Cypress wood, that's why I was asking....:p

Don, I seem to recall the words "mostly oak". That's probably what he is saying.

Don, I seem to recall the words "mostly oak". That's probably what he is saying.

Maybe he should have said that?? From my understanding, Cypress is the wood that is mostly claimed from underwater. The wood actually gets harder and there is some sort of reaction which creates the beautiful wood grain patterns. I was looking at the furniture, alot of it isn't oak unless it's an odd species....

Thank You, kossetx...

The website states that it is timber cut into railroad ties that sank.
I didnt even see cyoress mentioned on their website.
Here in Fl ya most reclaimed is cypress, but i dont think they used the rivers down here to float logs to the mill like they did further north.
I didnt know the answers i looked it up, just as easily as you can.

Back