buck buckeye burlwood

does anyone have any pics of knives from the custom shop with the buckeye burlwood?
going to be ordering a custom 113 soon and thinking thats the handle material i'll go with but wanna see it before pulling the trigger

thanks

Last edited:
I have seen some very beautiful and unique patterns in the burlwood Bucks. I have also seen some very plain patterns. The same goes for ironwood or stag. When you are dealing with natural materials, it is a crap shoot.

Google Buck buckeye burl and you will see all kinds of examples. There is a sticky post here that you can also see them.

It’s a beautiful wood. I had a 112 Ranger made for my brother in the Burl wood. I wish I had saved a photo of it. Every wood is different and this one had lots of blue in it with sort of marble swirly colors in it ranging from blue grey to even some browns. I think you will be happy well worth the $37 adder.

someone should start a sticky thread with pics of all the different handle materials to eliminate this kinda thread in the future

natehate I don't own one myself but have looked at dozens of the Boone and Crockett 112/113 sets with the eye to grabbing the 112. Plus' I've built one on Bucks website a few times lol! Some folks really love brass frames but I have always liked Nickel. When I first started chasing 112's around 2008 Nickel frames were really scarce. Burl Bucks are always one of one but Buck does a good job of matching up handles. I've seen some real close to being exactly the same on both sides.

Ugh... I just entered week five of my 4-6 week waiting period for my 501. I promise to post pics when I get it. :p:D

Do a Google search for Buck Knives Buckeye Burl Wood.

Click images and you should see an awesome Buck Facebook picture of all the available models laid out on fur. I think there's a couple others (wood, etc.) in the same vein. That Facebook picture is now the screen background on my home laptop. :)

Ugh... I just entered week five of my 4-6 week waiting period for my 501. I promise to post pics when I get it. :p:D

Do a Google search for Buck Knives Buckeye Burl Wood.

Click images and you should see an awesome Buck Facebook picture of all the available models laid out on fur. I think there's a couple others (wood, etc.) in the same vein. That Facebook picture is now the screen background on my home laptop. :)
I too have a 501 burl on order. I'm in week 3 o_O

I have been looking at ordering a custom 110. Are all the woods real now or are they dyed versions of the same wood? That burl sure is nice too. Very nice.

I have been looking at ordering a custom 110. Are all the woods real now or are they dyed versions of the same wood? That burl sure is nice too. Very nice.
I believe real wood. not dyed as in other wood dyed to look like buckeye burlwood. sure seems that way on mine.

I believe real wood. not dyed as in other wood dyed to look like buckeye burlwood. sure seems that way on mine.
Ebony, Black Palm wood, Buckeye Burlwood, Ironwood are all "real wood". The Oak, Walnut, Bluewood, Cherrywood are a stained birch laminate "Dymondwood"

Reactions: BP_
Ebony, Black Palm wood, Buckeye Burlwood, Ironwood are all "real wood". The Oak, Walnut, Bluewood, Cherrywood are a stained birch laminate "Dymondwood"
yeah, true and thanks for adding that. I thought we were just discussing only buckeye burlwood, though, Sir. guess I missed he might be asking about all the woods.

Reactions: BP_
Back