Buck Custom Shop

I would like to see a 120 or 124, maybe both, included in the custom build. I'd pay 200$+ for a 120 or 124 that I built, but not a spitfire....

So, I'm pretty sure if I order a custom shop knife I will get the pressed in pivot hardware but if I order a spitfire from the online store what will I get? Lock rock and roll? Anyone know?
Mentioned previously, the pivot was corrected. The newest model is the tightest.

I believe all of the hardware is screw fastener.

Mentioned previously, the pivot was corrected. The newest model is the tightest.

I believe all of the hardware is screw fastener.

Screw fastener but the fix was to press fit the female parts. My question referred to their current stock going in the packages.

Screw fastener but the fix was to press fit the female parts. My question referred to their current stock going in the packages.
This doesn't make sense to me. I'm not sure why they would press the screws into female parts rather than screw them in or how it would fix the problem. What is your source for this information?

The new improved versions are coming on line starting a couple weeks ago.
We made 3 major changes
Press fit the Pivot and rocker female fasteners
Removed some slack between the spring and spring holder slot
Changed the bend angle on the spring.
The lock rock is basically gone now.

This was posted June 18. The screws screw into the female parts which are now pressed into the frame.

Last edited:
This was posted June 18. The screws screw into the female parts which are now pressed into the frame.
Can you tell by looking whether one has the improvements? I want to pick up a regular model to try before splurging on a custom, but I definitely want the new and improved one. Perhaps someone knows of a vendor that has new stock?

Can you tell by looking whether one has the improvements? I want to pick up a regular model to try before splurging on a custom, but I definitely want the new and improved one. Perhaps someone knows of a vendor that has new stock?

This was my question also. I would think the Buck online store will send you the new version but the one to ask is Mr. J Hubbard. Other vendors, who knows. This is why I'm not buying the standard version or even a made for vendor custom.

Makael says they're all good. Maybe he can verify the Buck online store is sending out the new version? And give us pictures?

I'm with Stephen on this one. I'm not buying til they loose the recurve. Not sure about the peanut butter though?

Did Buck reduce the prices on the Spitfires in the Custom Shop?

It seems that the prices been reduced. Or, is it my imagination? I have been eyeballing an orange G-10 with S35VN "rust" cerakoted blade and I could swear that it was a lot higher price when I configured it previously.

Back