Buck Cutlery: Paperstone or Rosewood

Hi there. I am looking for critical opinion from owners of Buck cutlery on whether the paperstone handled knives are of the same high quality as the Rosewood. I am leaning toward the paperstone but want to ask around before I buy.

The real question is if you want dishwasher safe as quality of both is high. My brother just gave KathyJo and I 931 8" Chef's in the Rosewood but if I was buying a new set I would pick Paperstone because sooner or later it would end up soaking in the sink or run thru the dishwasher..20190502_150715.jpg

Dad has a paper stone handled buck 110, and wow does that look nice. feels good in hand, nicer feeling than g10. I prefer the wood handles on most, but damn I would definitely go for paperstone given a chance!

I have the spreaders with paper stone. They go through the dishwasher a lot. And show no damage or wear whatsoever. Tuff would be an understatement. Plus they are attractive. I’d definitely go Pepe stone over rosewood.

I like the looks of rosewood better but I chose the paperstone set because it being dishwasher safe. The paperstone is nice to use and haven’t been disappointed. I’m sure the blades are the same in all the different handle materials offered. Just don’t allow them to soak for extended time as my ex did over the weekend and they rusted. I polished them out but you can still see the areas where rust pitted the blade. The paperstone handles weren’t affected any at all.

Yep, they're offering a nice discount on this set. Just in time for Mother's Day. DM

I don't have a dishwasher, but I still have a couple sets of paperstone kitchen cutlery. They are great and I think today I am going to order one for my mom:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

We have the cabernet paperstone which is no longer a color option the steak knives generally go thru th dishwasher and are holding up fine, but the dishwashe does make them look dried out, nothing a little oil wont restore though. I have seen a little rust occasionaly, but easily removed.
I do like the looks of the rosewood better. I got the paperstone with hopes of getting enegetic enough to rehandle with stag.

IMG_20190511_103703132.jpg IMG_20190511_104003117_01.jpg IMG_20190511_103732500.jpg image000000.jpg
So my knives came in rather quickly . I believe it was Wednesday. Which is quick seeing I live in Mass.
So I added a few pictures. I have to say I am estatic . I live the knives . Much more solid than what I have been using for the last 25+ yrs. I added a couple comparisons of the chef knives.
I haven't prepared anything with them yet . But I am going to say. I love the paperstone handle I would say they look more dark charcoal than black. But that is fine by me.
The feel, the appearance, the sharpness are all A+ in my book.
My only critic is the small paring knife handle feels a little long in comparison to other paring knives .
It also would be nice if the knives fit in the block better. The paring knives are a bit loose.
All in all . I am glad with my purchase.
The discount from last week pushed me over the edge and I am glad it did

I honestly have to say some of the knives I have purchased over the last few years left me scratching my head wondering why I follow Buck. ( Quality issues)
Well this set brings back that feeling of why I caught that bug in the first place.
There are no expression of words that can explain to someone how it feels to have a Quality Buck knife in there hand.

Last edited:
Honestly, this is a good report. I'm happy for you. That's the manner ours came and we have been using them for 10 years. They are still great looking, sharpen up easy and last very well. DM

Back