Buck Doctors Knife

Anyone else see that catalog from that big TN knife store. Buck Doctors knife, single or double blade, smooth black bone or imitation stag. The pattern overall has always interested me and AFAIK Buck has never offered this before. Can’t tell from the catalog if it’s made off shore or Idaho? May have to pick one up.

Hmmm, just when you thought knives were coming back to USA for manufacturing. Maybe this is a knife works exclusive. But their catalog is 90 percent offshore so this knife will fit,

SPECS
Barcode

Pre-order

No

Brand

Buck Knives

Country of Manufacture

China

Blade Length

2.75"

Blade Thickness

.063"

Closed Length

3.625"

Edge Type

Plain

Frame / Liner

Nickel Silver

Knife Type

Pocket Knives

Opener

Nail Nick

Handedness

Ambidextrous

Country Of Origin

China

Lock Type

Slip Joint

Best Use

Everyday Carry

Product Type

Knife

CA Prop 65 Warning

⚠Warning: This product can expose you to Nickel (Metallic), which is known the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov

Model #

228BKSSM-B

Knife Style

Doctors

Blade Style

Spear/Spatula

Handle Color

Black

Handle Material

Bone

# Of Blades

Blade Material

420HC Stainless Steel

Type of

I don't really get this. Of all the patterns Buck could have opted for, new or old, this isn't what I was hoping they would come up with....

I don't really get this. Of all the patterns Buck could have opted for, new or old, this isn't what I was hoping they would come up with....

Perhaps you would get it looking at it this way, the Doctor's knives are an exclusive for Smoky Mountain Knife Works and are their catalog item, not Bucks. Buck makes exclusives for many vendors.

Last edited:
Perhaps you would get it looking at it this way, the Doctor's knives are an exclusive for Smoky Mountain Knife Works and are their catalog item, not Bucks. Buck makes exclusives for many vendors.

That makes sense. I didn't notice they were an exclusive model when I saw the catalog. That goes to show how much I actually paid attention to them. Thanks for pointing that out....

Back