Buck Fever! (Traditionals)

I missed out on the whole forum knife thing (again) ... was this a special edition with 2 blades or is this a factory knife - can't ever recall a 2 blade Buck with a sheepsfoot opposite the ciip. If it's a factory knife - what is the model designation, as I'll look for one (I don't think its a 301 ??) ... thx.
She's based on the standard 301 but to keep price down with CPM154 and Elk, the spey was phased out.

Buck 110 in Red Camel Bone...
4g26gio.jpg

Notice the top 2 models above have the Limited Edition emblem, silk screen on the blades and a serial # on the front bolster. This is the manner they
were offered from Smokey Mountain in 2000. The bottom knife does not have the inking on the blade, no Limited Edition emblem, no serial # and it came with no Buck shield. Plus, it needed some finishing. This is a 'Parts Knife'. A knife put together from parts after Camillus had closed
their doors, then sold off all inventory. Some persons bought the knife parts and put the models together (maybe an employee). Then offered
these at Gun Shows, auction sites, ect.. Which was where the bottom model was bought. It is as sound and functional as the others. Just missing some
elements, the box and papers. DM

Last edited:
This is my absolute favorite traditional Buck..Before the 301 Forum knife Craig (300 Bucks) and the BCCI created what I consider the ultimate user..a BG42 steel and Ivory micarta 301. Before this was announced I had never bought or used any other Buck but a single blade locking knife. First a 503 I used for over 10 years and then after my Brother took me to the Blade Show many, many 112's. I have only seen 1 for sale since and mine will be passed on to one of my granddaughter's when I won't need anymore..20190420_153928.jpg

Notice the top 2 models have the Limited Edition emblem, silk screen on the blades and a serial # on the front bolster. This is the manner they
were offered from Smokey Mountain in 2000. The bottom knife does not have the inking on the blade, no Limited Edition emblem, no serial # and it came with no Buck shield. Plus, it needed some finishing. This is a 'Parts Knife'. A knife put together from parts after Camillus had closed
their doors, then sold off all inventory. Some persons bought the knife parts and put the models together (maybe an employee). Then offered
these at Gun Shows, auction sites, ect.. Which was where mine was bought. It is as sound and functional as the others. Just missing some
elements, the box and papers. DM
David, I remember those. I had one for awhile. I sold it after I found one with the proper shield and blade etch... and later sold that one, too :eek:. I came across the 334s as I was collecting the Camillus Classic Cartridge knives.

Here is the 334's sibling, the CCC-1 (c.1991) from that series...
nYLzu5D.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. A very handsome model too! You should post this over in the Camillus Collectors Forum too. Vit, is posting photos of his CCC's. I think there were 9 different model in this series...? Should you come across another 334, let me know. Thanks, DM

That Vitaly is the man, isn't he! I had posted them there before the great photobucket purge. Probably need to do some updates. And will do on the 334. :thumbsup:

I've seen this large Trapper with locking blades. I know Moore Maker did one and I think Camillus did one in the Yellow Jacket series.? DM

I've seen this large Trapper with locking blades. I know Moore Maker did one and I think Camillus did one in the Yellow Jacket series.? DM
Yep, the 716Y double lockback. Moore Maker's was the 3206DLB. And the Camillus 719Y was same as the Buck 334/Camillus CCC-1/Moore Maker 3206 (i.e. non-locking).

The Buck models in the 300 numbered series are slip joint knives. So, no they do not have locking blades among these models. You are welcome. DM

I've not owned many Buck knives--maybe just one! I think I had one when I was a kid, but I can't remember precisely. I had a couple Old Timers, Schrades and a scout knife or two. I seem to recall a Buck mixed in there, but it's not really a memory. I recently bought one of the forum knives made by Buck. I'd always wanted to try a Buck 110,its such an icon. I kept waiting for DLT Trading to do an exclusive in something other than S30. Well, I finally pulled the trigger on this S35VN in a wood laminate. It arrived yesterday.

1Xj2qUh.jpg

7edlSsJ.jpg

Back