Buck Buck Kitchen Knife Set

You could spend a lot more & not gain anything. Looks like a nice set & Made in the USA is a +

If you want a better view of the knives, here is an older link to a for-sale thread where the seller took some really nice photos:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/brand-new-rosewood-kitchen-knife-set-938rws-b.1527692/

It doesn't match my personal preferences, but if the blade styles are something you like and would find yourself using, it certainly seems like it's a quality product from a manufacturer who stands behind their work.

Out of that entire 13-piece set, there are only 5 pieces I would want: chef's, fork, two paring knives, and block.

And out of that - I don't like blocks with vertical slots - you dull the blades putting the knives in and out over time. I prefer horizontal slots (though magnetic blocks / strips are better than either).

And I don't care for that saber/hollow-ground grind on the chef's knife. I prefer a flat or slightly convexed grind. Though the blade profile is pretty good compared to some chef's knives - the tip is not too high and it looks like you get some decent flat chopping surface before the belly starts. So of the two items (chef's knife and block), I don't care for those particular designs, but I would want those type of items in a set.

I wouldn't use the serrated spreader (a.k.a. sandwich knife), and I don't like serrations on a slicer/carver or steak knives.

That's the problem with sets - you get a few things you really want or need, and few things that you are paying for but really won't use much.

Those are my personal preferences, and others including you might have completely opposite preferences, so take it for just that. It might be perfect for you as is.

Last edited:
Without knowing what you are upgrading from, your tastes, and your needs:
In my experience EDC/hunting/tactical knife makers don't make the best culinary knives for the money. Sets are also picked out to fit X number of knives for Y dollars, rather than a sensible set for the user.
You would be better served buying individual knives that fit what you actually do and how you do it. Take a look at how you actually prep food and see what knives do those tasks the best. Then choose the ones that fit the way you do those tasks.

Last edited:
Back