Buck Knife appeal

How many knife companies are there that have been around as long as Buck, are still family owned, offer a great value in their knives, and truly care about the customers ?

I think a better question would be, How could you not like Buck knives ? :D

Classic designs, good bang for the Buck (sorry...:eek:), terrific customer service. What's not to like?

Great Christian company that makes great products, what's not to love! My first knife was a 379 that my father gave me on my tenth birthday. Since then I have acquired a 505, 160, 110, 119, and the best of them all, a 340. I now have my eye on a Lancer. At least I am giving my money to good people!

Made in USA and good quality. I do not consider myself a christian so that aspect is actually a turnoff for me, but USA made and good quality trump it.

Great company, products and customer service. These days it is sad that it's cool to bash a company if it makes a religious statement. I applaud Buck for sticking to it's values and not being ashamed of it's Christian beliefs. Now I just need to buy more Buck knives to show my support!!

Great company owned by great folks. Great products that work great. :)
Plus I grew up a few miles from the El Cajon factory.
My first knife was a cub scout knife at age 7, but my second (a 500 at age 10) and third (a 110 at age 12) knives were Bucks.... all 3 given to me by my parents.
So there is a lot of sentimental value to Bucks as well.

Thanks Mule

Great post DesertChris. Reminds me of my first real knife which was a Buck as well. A little 303 that my dad gave me. I carried that knife everyday and enjoyed many fishing, hunting and camping trips with that little folder. In fact I even carried it everyday to school. Sounds crazy these days but not that long ago, early 80s, nearly all the boys carried a pocketknife. Interesting too that not one person was stabbed and the thought of a pocketknife being dangerous was not even considered. Now I'm not saying that it was a good idea just interesting how much things have changed and so quickly.

The great appeal of Buck knives to me is the value. How they can make a 110, which is a tank of a knife as well as a beautiful piece of working art, for under $50 is beyond amazing. And I could say the same about the 300, 100 and vantage series. Buck has found a way to offer quality components, excellent workmanship and a USA made product for an incredible value.

Thank you Dad for the great little Buck folder and thank you Buck for continuing the tradition of quality and value!!

AR same here all my friends wore a Buck 110 & Sheath from the 1960's & 1970's and never had a problem and no one got hurt and no one harmed anyone.....Our Culture is changing! the fabric of our country & lives that is was built on, is being torn & ripped apart everday now......

Last edited:
I guess it's a family thing for me. My Grandad carried a Buck 307. One of my Dads brothers carried a 112, the other a 303.
Jim

Back