Buck knife in the movies.

FWIW, I'm watching a Mod Squad episode from 1972 called The Cave. Both Pete and Link are carrying a Buck 110. What is really unusual is where Pete is carrying his knife. It's in its black sheath, on a strap on the outside of his leg, directly above his right knee. Never seen that before! o_O I tried to find a pic, but only found the gif below in a scene after Pete removed his knife. Later, Link has his 110 stuck in a log with an up close shot. It's so clear, you can see the stripes in the ebony and the two brass handle pins. Pretty cool to see a 110 in a 1972 TV show. Makes me wonder if this is the first time a 110 appeared on film. Anything earlier?

tumblr_oal2w3SEZi1rjghoio6_400.gif

Took my dad to see John Wick Chapter 3 on opening day Friday and there was loads of blade play in this movie.
( Excellent movie btw )
I saw a Buck-ish fixed blade for a split second in this epic " weapon shop " fight scene but it's hard to tell.
With all the display cabinets full of blades I really would've expected to see at least one Buck 119 or 120, but I guess with that many blades to showcase I guess they probably just got a bunch of flea market junk wholesale.

Reactions: TAH
Took my dad to see John Wick Chapter 3 on opening day Friday and there was loads of blade play in this movie.
( Excellent movie btw )
I saw a Buck-ish fixed blade for a split second in this epic " weapon shop " fight scene but it's hard to tell.
With all the display cabinets full of blades I really would've expected to see at least one Buck 119 or 120, but I guess with that many blades to showcase I guess they probably just got a bunch of flea market junk wholesale.
I saw this movie with my wife too and now my wife understands why one Buck knife is not sufficient. :p She now fully understands why I have to have hundreds of them. ;) That knife exchange scene was hands down the best scene of the entire movie by far.

( Excellent movie btw )

My son and I are going this weekend. I'll be on the look-out for that Buck.

The first two John wick movies were awesome I have watched them several times I’ll wait till I get a dvd so I can watch it more than once I always miss stuff the first time I watch something

My son and I are going this weekend. I'll be on the look-out for that Buck.

It was too quick to really see and there was a lot going on, but I saw something with a black handle and metal colored guard and pommel that could have been a 119.

1988's "Stormy Monday" features a menacing Tommy Lee Jones with a Buck 112. He considers murdering Melanie Griffith with it but thinks better of the plan. Stars Sean Bean and a small but cool tough guy role for Sting. A very cool 80s noir thriller that's light on story and heavy on mood. I think I'll watch it this week.

Zieg

In the 1989 Clint Eastwood movie Pink Cadillac Timothy Carhartt carries what appears to be a 120 General In an aftermarket Brown leather sheath.
It could be one of those K-98 Knockoffs , but I'm not sure they ever made anything the size of a 120 general.

On North Woods Law the one game warden used his 110 to cut open a frozen over ice fishing hole to retrieve the tip up someone left behind.

In the recent AMC series "NOS4A2," the shows heroine, Victoria McQueen, retrieves a Buck 110 from a drawer before going to confront the main bad guy's henchman. I believe it was in episode 4. She later brandishes the knife to keep the henchman away from her.

Jeffrey Dahmer buys a Buck 124 in the 2002 Movie, "Dahmer." The knife appears around 00:35 in the scene.

Last edited:
Benicio Del Toro scared the tar out of a waitress with a buck 110 in "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas".

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that the Wolverines in original "Red Dawn" carried 119's.

Back