Buck knife in the movies.

Yes,the Wolverines stopped to a small sporting goods shop owned by one of their fathers,they got guns/ bows,ammo and a bunch of Buck jnives before they took for the mountains

Channing Tatum in Kingsman.

179.0.jpg

Channing Tatum in Kingsman.

179.0.jpg

I don't remember seeing that in Golden circle, interesting.

It's funny how obvious it is in this shot that they completely removed the edge from that 119, of course they had to considering how sharp Buck knives come.
He's playing a cowboy type, but being a Hollywood city boy in real life he probably doesn't have a lot of knife handling experience :D

I don't remember seeing that in Golden circle, interesting.

It's funny how obvious it is in this shot that they completely removed the edge from that 119, of course they had to considering how sharp Buck knives come.
He's playing a cowboy type, but being a Hollywood city boy in real life he probably doesn't have a lot of knife handling experience :D

A lot of "city boys" hunt, fish, work construction, open boxes, use a machete on an overgrown vacant lot... Dare say a "city boy" would be more likely to have experience using a knife on a man.

A lot of "city boys" hunt, fish, work construction, open boxes, use a machete on an overgrown vacant lot... Dare say a "city boy" would be more likely to have experience using a knife on a man.
Oh sure, just not in Beverly hills ;)

I used to live the city and of course I fished, carried a pocket knife, used a machete, so you're right there.
And to that last point, my mom's husband is a city boy who used a knife to earn 10 years so I guess you're right on that point as well. ( Now he's a fairly well reformed churchgoer who spends most of his free time fishing )

Into he wild,the main character carries a 110 as his only knife in the movie.
Oh Yeah I saw that movie! The guy in that movie was not prepared for the wild !!! That would be a terrible way to go. For all the guys who ask if you only had one knife this movie might help them know that in a situation like this you need more than just a knife.

Oh Yeah I saw that movie! The guy in that movie was not prepared for the wild !!! That would be a terrible way to go. For all the guys who ask if you only had one knife this movie might help them know that in a situation like this you need more than just a knife.

Just recently they flew the bus he died in out with a helicopter.
I guess they were having to rescue too many people that were attempting to hike back to it.

At some point, somebody must have drove or towed that bus out there.

Anyway, cool video if you look it up.

Last edited:
I know some companies pay a fee to have their cars, trucks, soda, featured in TV and movies. Do you think Buck has to do this also?

Buck General in Dino Hunters on Discovery. Unfortunately they are using it to dig in the dirt. It looks like they may have 110s on their belts.

Buck General in Dino Hunters on Discovery. Unfortunately they are using it to dig in the dirt. It looks like they may have 110s on their belts.
I agree that is unfortunate. In entertainment and tv shows they do things for entertainment and amusement not for the educational way to do something like using the proper tools in a proper way. Not only knives but with chainsaw, axe, firearms and many other items I’ve laughed and sometimes cried at the lack of common sense. I’ve told my children when they were young to beware those movies and shows aren’t reality even if they claim to be. And I’ve taken the time to teach them and show them how to use tools wisely. Many of the producers don’t have the knowledge or experience to know the difference and the unwitting will try to imitate the same poor practice.

Nothing wrong with a dedicated dirt digging knife, if your task requires it.

Back