Buck knives in movies.

Unfortunately, 9 times out of 10, Buck knives are portrayed as a deadly weapon in a horror movie or similar. Rarely are they used as a tool like the 110 in The Snow Walker. Too bad, Anthony Hopkins didn't use a 110 in The Edge. Oh well, there's always Longmire.

Has "Kingsmen" been mentioned yet?

There's a 119 on the wall in the plane's armory, and I think Harry has a 110 sticking in his back in the Church scene. I'll have to watch again to confirm the latter.

Last night's episode of Criminal Minds, the bad guy had a 119 on his belt. Got taken from him and used to save a victim near the end.

In the new netflix movie "The Babysitter" dual 124's are used. Maybe even a 119, and a pocket knife I couldn't make out.

nice knife showoff scene

Pj21D61.jpg

I watched It Comes at Night on Amazon Prime tonight. Not what I expected. The previews gave it more of a paranormal horror feel. It wasn't bad. A bit more of a psychological thriller/suspense movie.

Anyway the lead character, Paul, uses a 119 to cut the duct tape off of Will after determining that he isn't a threat.

I tried to get a pic but pausing with the Prime app and doing a screen shot doesn't work.

It's at the 20 minute mark.

In the movie THE CONDEMNED one of the care packages dropped to help Vinnie Jones win contains 2 BUCK fixed blades, but I'm not positive if their 119 specials or longer 120 generals.

Watched the movie "Curve" the other night. So- so movie. Bad guy uses what looks to me to be a Buck 317 folder. Several shots of it in hand in the film. Interesting choice for a movie.

The "Rick Grimes" character in "The Walking Dead" has switched from the Gerber he's used throughout the series, to a 110 in the new season.

On the TV show Van Helsing, (SYFY channel) a couple of episodes ago one of the characters who is a vampire hunter is shown in a flash back episode of her youth wielding several Bucks. In one scene her boyfriend gets a little too handy with her in his pickup truck and she puts a 110 to his throat. Later in the episode the same character is shown throwing three Buck 119's into a post in the barn. She's pretty good but I cringed seeing those 119's used as throwing knives.

I like this thread...don't watch most the shows but some I will check out for the buckage in them!

Back