Buck Knives Limited Productions Just Released!

I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I opened my boxes up this morning. I opened the first one in the kitchen, walked to the kitchen window for better light, then to the living room to get the morning sun through the patio door. Damn! They are two different colors. Rinse and repeat, all three were the same.

I went to the Buck website to look and theyhad already pulled the ad because they were sold out. So I got my paperwork from the listing from the website that I had copied for my records. It says...

"This 111 Folding Hunter features a tumbled finished,drop point, 420HC steel blade. and a walnut handle with rounded nickle silver bolsters".

In the email Buck sent out it advertising these it said:

"This version of the 111 Folding Hunter features a drop point, tumbled finished 420HC blade, walnut handle inlay and nickle silver bolsters. Includes a black leather sheath. Only 54 made!

No mention of brass anywhere to be found in the two descriptions.

Then I come here to read that's how they are for everyone that has reported in so far....

It will be interesting to hear "The Rest Of The Story" when someone with insider knowledge comes along.

Joe H says their were two 111 offerings, one of them was Nickel and Brass. Marketing must of missed it in the description. Unfortunate and pretty cool and unique at the same time. Personally I wouldn't be bothered by it but I can see how it might bother some. Great knife for 80 Bucks either way.

I would imagine a full Nickel replacement may not be possible. Maybe they have both sides in Nickel but maybe not.

With marketing not on the floor building knives it's easy to see how errors now and again can happen between the two departments,

Last edited:
That's a downer. While it may make it a collectable. I don't think I'm gonna be happy when it shows up half n half.

I have been busy this week..and totally missed out! I hope my Brother got one..Some how some way I'm going to make my phone vibrate, flash and scream at me when I get a email from Buck! I'm so glad it was NOT a112 as I would have been seriously bummed to miss it..

Anybody order and recieve the vangaurd yet, any pics ,I managed to get one, should be delivered today. Wanted the stag 118 but they we're already sold out. Can't wait to see the vangaurd in person.

So is it the left Twix or the right Twix?
I wonder if the NS sides are all LH or all RH or half n half.

email from Buck I got yesterday on Order status update only says Nickel Silver-

"0111 (LC 2019) HERITAGE WALNUT HDL,NICKEL SILVER

Ship Date: 05/23/2019

Shipped Via: USPS"

Buck 111 NB.png

Last edited:
I don't think marketing knows yet so nothing would be updated.

Sure enough, doesn't say it anywhere. Marketing must of made an error.
Screenshot_20190525-121622.jpg

Surely you fellas with the new 111 NB offering don't have better things to do than to post some pics. NB = Nickel/Brass

Last edited:
Just checked the mail and I'm happy to report there were no surprises. The vangaurd is flawless and just as described. I will try to post pics soon

Nice Vanguard, the bear cut out is cool. I didn't remember it saying anything about the bear on the pommel.

Back