Buck Knives Limited Productions Just Released!

It looks like a dymondwood type product to me, but I may be way wrong......

I dont mind as it looks good to me.

I was afraid of that. Yeah it looks good but, that's not what I bought. I bought walnut, not plywood. Both the 55 and 111 were advertised the same way as far as wood description. Why is one one way the other another?[/QUOTE]

I was afraid of that. Yeah it looks good but, that's not what I bought. I bought walnut, not plywood. Both the 55 and 111 were advertised the same way as far as wood description. Why is one one way the other another?

dont know, Sir. bucks gonna have to answer that question.

it's a great knife. high quality for the price point. dont let my assumption on wood ruin it for you. it looks good and will last and take use well.

Last edited:
Dymondwood is not Plywood, it's laminate, which would be stronger than the non-laminate natural wood or plywood...

If you don't like it send it back...You've complained about it in at least 2 threads now or are you into just bashing something that YOU don't like??

111 half and halfer. one of the great fellas here was nice enough to sell me his. he"ll say who he is if he wants.

really neat knife. im enjoying it being half and half...I get why many dont but I really like it. the brass pins on the nickel just pops to me.15593485077568127620982438691283.jpg 15593485416024458508223792137670.jpg

If I'da known you were buying...
But I am waiting to see what Jeff has to say.
Joe Houser planned the knife to be half and half. It was just missed in the description.

I saw them on a shelf done up that way. Thought they were pretty cool. Congratulations on getting one.

ok here is the scoop.
The ones advertised as brass are all brass both sides.

The NS ones were planned to have one brass and one NS side, but that description was missed in the web advertisement. If you want to return for a credit call our consumer line. We cannot make a full NS one to replace those as we are out of NS sides.

Hope this helps.

ok here is the scoop.
The ones advertised as brass are all brass both sides.

The NS ones were planned to have one brass and one NS side, but that description was missed in the web advertisement. If you want to return for a credit call our consumer line. We cannot make a full NS one to replace those as we are out of NS sides.

Hope this helps.
What type of wood did buck used? Dymonwood that looks like walnut or real walnut wood??

What type of wood did buck used? Dymonwood that looks like walnut or real walnut wood??
I called Buck Monday to confirm this myself. I was told that the system showed it should be walnut as in the 55.
It told them on the phone the one I received appeared to be dymondwood, in fact the shipping invoice called it heritage walnut. (Buck does refer to walnut dymondwood as heritage walnut as in the vanguard).
The person at Buck said he would talk to Joe Houser as he made the knives, and ask him what wood was used.
I have yet to hear back.
It is a very nice knife, but as a collector I prefer real walnut for this knife.
(I own many dymondwood knives............ and am happy with them in the field)
I will follow up with info as I receive it. Tks.

I called Buck Monday to confirm this myself. I was told that the system showed it should be walnut as in the 55.
It told them on the phone the one I received appeared to be dymondwood, in fact the shipping invoice called it heritage walnut. (Buck does refer to walnut dymondwood as heritage walnut as in the vanguard).
The person at Buck said he would talk to Joe Houser as he made the knives, and ask him what wood was used.
I have yet to hear back.
It is a very nice knife, but as a collector I prefer real walnut for this knife.
(I own many dymondwood knives............ and am happy with them in the field)
I will follow up with info as I receive it. Tks.
Thanks for your input.

The knives i have seen appear to be walnut but i also saw other knives that appear to be dymonwood that bucks calls it heritage walnut. I order this 111 folding hunter hoping it would be the real walnut.

I will order a custom shop soon but i will contact buck to make sure i get real wood and not laminate dymonwood.

Thanks

Well just got in from the shop a few minutes ago and checked tracking just for the heck of it, originally it said was to be delivered Tuesday. Low and behold it said delivered, wow that was quick. So down to mailbox and sure enough.
As I unboxed the 111 I could see the yeller brass thru the foam package )-: )-:
View attachment 1134766 View attachment 1134767
Are they brass on both sides or brass on one side then nickle on thr other? I am confused

Back