Buck Knives Salient Straight Razor

My Salient straight razor arrived today from Copper&Clad. Sweet straight with a G-10 handle.

Who else has the Buck Salient?

(Does anyone know how to decrease the size of a picture? Bladeforums's server won't let me post a pic.)

20180825_163231.jpg

Last edited:
Imgur is another image hosting site where you do not have to pay or download anything. Easy to resize.

0039BKSSH.2__51792.1528213458.1280.1280.jpg

I have really thought about Buck's straight razor. I have several straights and used them for about a year. This one looks good, even with 420 steel.A 5/8" is good. I think I'll just get it to have one. I don't shave with one any more. But if your really into sharpening, this is your tinkering highest plateau.
I will respect a guy who can put a edge on a straight and it gives a good shave. DM

Last edited:
I go back and forth on this one. I have a pretty large collection of straights and shave with them, but only have a couple stainless because they generally don’t shave as well as carbon steel in my experience. However, Buck 420 takes a very fine edge and will probably work well as a shaver.

I picked one up as soon as they were available
they are well made and very sharp .

But I will never use that thing on my face !

Wo4uqLX.jpg

Kz2sRHK.jpg

Last edited:
Ernie, I agree with you. What do you think about using the Sandvik steel in a straight? DM

I think it is super neat, but not for me. I would bleed out if I tried to shave with it (safety razor isn't "safe" in my hands) and I have other things higher on my list to have now. LE Vantage coming as well as the forum knife and I guess a new thin 110 with pocket clip when released.

K williams, I have the same issues. I use no hosting site. I pick the photo from my files, open it. At top it gives me some options, one is resize.
Click that. Then find the pixel size. click that and you can change the photo size. Save changes and come to BladeForums, start your post and
upload your file. You may have to do this more than once but at some point it will take. DM

Back