Buck Maverik 877

Picked up a Buck Maverik at Wallyworld today. I thought these knives were made in China (with black G10 scales), but to my surprise these are American made. The handle scales are injection molded nylon, which are listed as white on the packaging, but are really sort of an off white, cream colour. For just under $20 I couldn't resist it. Great ergonomics. Looks like a folder, but is a a nice compact EDC sized fixed blade.

I rather like the looks of it with the lighter scales. Buck only shows it with the black G-10 on their website. They also show it as being imported.

Yeah, I noticed that too. The blade on this one is clearly stamped USA and the packaging denotes it's country of origin. I wasn't aware that Buck had 2 versions of the Maverik.

The blade markings on yours are different than what's shown on Buck's website. Your sheath looks different as well. I was thinking it might be a fake but since you bought it atvwally world I bet it's a special run just for that retailer.

That makes sense. It probably is a special run for Walmart. I've only seen the imported G-10 version at online retailers, but Walmart appears to be the only place that has this American made version with the light scales.

The sheath is quite sturdy. The belt loop can be removed if you want to carry it as a neck knife, or switched to either side for left or right side carry. It's a slim knife, but extremely comfortable in the hand. The black oxide finish on the blade gives it a nice worn look too.

Except for the hole in the blade it is a near copy of the Kershaw Field Knife Hunter, made in the USA. What kind of steel does that knife have?

Nice looking knife. I also like that it's stamped USA. I can't find any info on this, but I'll be on the lookout.

Nice looking knife. I also like that it's stamped USA. I can't find any info on this, but I'll be on the lookout.

Yeah, I couldn't find any info on it online, except for the Chinese version with the G10 scales. I just happened to come across this one at a local Wal-Mart and purchased it. Budget priced and American made. I couldn't resist getting one.

I like it with the white handle, if I see one I'll buy it! JB

Appears to be a Walmart exclusive for the holidays. MAVERIK, WHITE-SELECT 0877WHSWM-C
The local Walmarts are displaying them in the aisles with the other holiday special stuff for $20.

Appears to be a Walmart exclusive for the holidays. MAVERIK, WHITE-SELECT 0877WHSWM-C
The local Walmarts are displaying them in the aisles with the other holiday special stuff for $20.

I didn't see them at mine, but I looked in the sporting goods section. I even asked the person behind the counter if they had more Bucks somewhere else in the store. I wish I would have seen your post beforehand. Now I'm on a mission to find this knife.

I didn't see them at mine, but I looked in the sporting goods section. I even asked the person behind the counter if they had more Bucks somewhere else in the store. I wish I would have seen your post beforehand. Now I'm on a mission to find this knife.

I've seen them in several local Walmarts. They were in or near sporting goods but in the isles with the seasonal gift displays. They are packed in cardboard group boxes.

Interesting knife.

1082.jpg

I've seen them in several local Walmarts. They were in or near sporting goods but in the isles with the seasonal gift displays. They are packed in cardboard group boxes.

I like the knife, especially with the white scales. I could do without the useless hole in the blade though... I looked at the local WM last night, but couldn't find them. I'm sure we will be back there today, so I will look a little closer.

Buck showed me the Chinese-sourced version of this knife last fall. I asked them to make it in the USA so that we could sell an American-made knife for Christmas. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. Look forward to similar items next year.

First Walmart had none of these, checked the xmas gift cardboard display stuff and the locked knife display case.....zero, zip, notating:o.

The second Walmart did not have any in cardboard xmas stuff. But, did have a few in their locked knife display....score:thumbup:. They also had a wood handled 620 Reaper, not my style of knife, although it looked cool with a wood handle:).

JB

Back