Buck Strider on Sale

Shrike9 thanks for the info.I put my order in but I keep thinking that price was a mistake.Hope not

I know of myself and one other that have ordered as well, so that's three of the four gone. Hope it all works out.

------------------
Ryan Renuart
Aerial Gunner
"That Others May Live"

Sure hope everything works out, would be kick ass to take this folder with me instead of a Endura.

Got to admit the price really really threw me off.

Hey wow!!!
I can't get the thing for under $80.
They must of fallen off the back of a truck.

That's awesome

See ya

MS

I don't think the cheaperthandirt company is legitimate. They don't have a phone number to take orders on the website only internet/fax orders.

no walk-in, pick-up, faxed, phone, or mail orders accepted.

I don't think this company is legit!

I bought a Strider folder from CTD as well. They have a catalog (mail order type) that I used to get. Ordered gun stuff from them before, with great service. We'll see if this killer price pans out or not. I have another one on order through a dealer friend and he charged me $105 including shipping, which I thought was a GREAT deal.

--Robert

------------------
"They sicken of the calm, who know the storm."
RFrost5746@excite.com

My Knives
flag_blk_whtbns_clr.gif

Well, i just put in an order for three of them. And there is one left for anyone else willing to try. I hope this is true it would be a better deal than the $30 leatherman wave from mercata.com. Let keep our fingers crossed dudes.

Liong

------------------
Follow The Path of Fantasies.

Well, I have seen about seven or eight people that have ordered the four knives on the site. I have a confirmation, so it will be interesting to see what becomes of it. Hope everyone gets what they ordered. The math doesn't work out though. A lot of people will be pissed off if it doesn't, and that would be a shame.

------------------
Ryan Renuart
Aerial Gunner
"That Others May Live"

A dozen people or more have ordered the 4 knives. If any one gets one, please tell us because I don't think this is legit. Why do they have such low quantity of each knife? There are a few low price items but a lot of average priced items.

They probably forgot to type a "1" in front of the "28" guys. I have a feeling nobody is going to be getting a strider for that price soon. They will probably send out an email or something saying they are sorry for the misprint, and as everyone knows they are not responsible for misprints...ect
Look at all their other buck prices--they are all reasonable and not especially low. A strider for 128 sounds like it would belong in there. The only chance the 4 lucky ones have of getting the knife is if the company has entered the knife into their computer as costing 28.75, and when they scan the box before they ship, nobody is paying attention and the knife leaves the door before they relize there was a mistake. But with the number of orders people seem to have placed in just one day, they are probably going to pay attention to that specific item when they process your orders tomorrow moring.

[This message has been edited by generallobster (edited 10-23-2000).]

but if someone does get one, let us know. If it is true, I'm going to check that site everyday from now on until they get some more in.

Generallobster and others,

I couldn't believe the price wasn't a typo so I called. It is, indeed, $28.75. When I asked how they could sell a knife that retails for $190 for $28.75, I was told, "My computer says it's $28.75."

I don't get it but CTD IS legit. I've dealt with them several times in the past. Maybe they're closing out this model (or the entire line--if you've seen the prices.)

Who knows...

------------------
Brian_T
brianthornburg@home.com

Hah! You guys all got screwed! They have it for 27.31 now. Of course, they're out of stock, but I signed up for an e-mail saying when they'll have 'em again...let you know if I get it.

Recieved this in reply to question about when the knife should ship:

The item that you have ordered comes to us from our vendor in South Carolina and takes 5-7 business days to arrive here. We are the processing center with 3 different vendors that we purchase from. Your order will not ship before end of this week or the middle of next.

Hummmm and here I thought they has some in stock read to ship.

I just got an email saying that the whole deal was an error. So my 28.75 or whatever the hell it was is will not be purchasing that knife. What the hell can you do?
Matthew

Back