Buck Strider on Sale

Here is the email:

When you saw the Buck Strider Tactical Knife for $28.75,(#2411631) you probably thought it was to good to be true.
Well, you are right. Our first shipment arrived last night and what our supplier sent to us is completely
different from what we had advertised on our site. We called Buck Knives directly to find out what had
happened and were told by their Consumer Affairs dept. that the knives our supplier sent us were from
a close-out purchase of a discontinued model which has a part number (B281) similar to the Strider (281).
The Strider Tactical is a new model that Buck Knives has just introduced with suggested retail of $190.00 and
according to Buck Knives, it is not even available yet.
Our description is downloaded directly from our supplier, so we were unaware of the problem until the
actual knives arrived. We have removed the knife from our site as well as contacted our supplier to inform
them of this grievous error.
We will be canceling your order today and if you were charged, you card will be issued a credit today.
Our sincerest apologies for the unintentional misconception.
Best Regards,
Deanna McGraw
Operations Mgr.

They cancelled my order.
frown.gif

--Robert

------------------
"They sicken of the calm, who know the storm."
RFrost5746@excite.com

My Knives
flag_blk_whtbns_clr.gif

The fckers at cheaperthandirt emailed the same email to me. DO NOT SHOP FROM THESE FCKING SCAM ARTISTS. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD THAT THIS COMPANY IS NOT LEGITIMATE.

When you saw the Buck Strider Tactical Knife for $28.75,(#2411631) you probably thought it was to good to be true.
Well, you are right. Our first shipment arrived last night and what our supplier sent to us is completely
different from what we had advertised on our site. We called Buck Knives directly to find out what had
happened and were told by their Consumer Affairs dept. that the knives our supplier sent us were from
a close-out purchase of a discontinued model which has a part number (B281) similar to the Strider (281).
The Strider Tactical is a new model that Buck Knives has just introduced with suggested retail of $190.00 and
according to Buck Knives, it is not even available yet.
Our description is downloaded directly from our supplier, so we were unaware of the problem until the
actual knives arrived. We have removed the knife from our site as well as contacted our supplier to inform
them of this grievous error.
We will be canceling your order today and if you were charged, you card will be issued a credit today.
Our sincerest apologies for the unintentional misconception.
Best Regards,
Deanna McGraw
Operations Mgr.

From Your Friends At...
CheaperThanDirt.com http://www.cheaperthandirt.com

Seems to me that, if you place an order and get a confirmation, after supplying your card number, etc, that is an "Offer and Acceptance", i.e., a contract. Anybody here with more legal knowledge than my college level business law?

Hate mail might work, but I think I will call my attorney general's consumer affairs division.

-Scott

This is the letter I jsut sent to them.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I must say I am very disappointed. By advertising the Buck Strider at a certain price, and allowing consumers to place orders for them, is an offer and acceptance, i.e., a contract. Although your company made a mistake in advertising a product, you have still chosen to dishonor a contract. At the very least, you were falsely advertising.

I have some expectation that you will make this right by fulfilling our contract. However, I will also be calling my state Attorney General's office immediately to file a complaint against Cheaper Than Dirt.

Regards,

-Scott Richter

-Scott

They are probably going to site some weird clause on some disclaimer notice that states they are not responsible for any misprints in advertisment. That's what catalogues do.

This is the reply I recieved from CTD about my nice and polite E-mail pointing out the lies in the e-mail they sent cancelling the order. I also told them I'd be contacting both the BBB and AG filing a written complaint.

Cheaper Than Dirt! strives to give you an easy-to-use site that provides accurate content, including product information, policies, pricing and visual displays. Policies, pricing and item availability are subject to change without notice and we reserve the right to limit quantities. Prices displayed on our site are subject to final approval at the time of order fulfillment. Images are shown for representational purposes only. In the event we are unable to provide an actual image of a product, Cheaper Than Dirt! reserves the right to substitute a similar image for the one described in the product information. While Cheaper Than Dirt! tries in good faith to make sure the information in our online catalog is accurate, we are not responsible for typographical errors or technical inaccuracies. This disclaimer in no way affects the terms of any manufacturer's warranty.

Don't know where they hide this as it's not anywhere you can see it prior to placing a order.

Same here guys. They said the company they were suppose to get these from screw up and it is not their fault. Yeah right. No more dealings with them.

Liong

------------------
Follow The Path of Fantasies.

Come on now, guys. Let's be reasonable. Nobody hates a scam artist more than I do, but isn't it at least within the realm of possibility that somebody who doesn't know as much about knives as we do just made a good old fashioned mistake? I don't work for CTD, and have never ordered anything from them, but they have been sending me catalogs for years now, and I can't imagine they would have lasted this long if they were in a habit of doing what they did here.

If CTD wants to sell me a Strider folder for $30, I'm not going to stop them, but if they make an honest mistake and apologize for it, I'm not going out of my way to persecute them. Sorry guys, but christ do I hate lawyers.
smile.gif

------------------
Semper Fi

-Bill

Maybe the next honest mistake is when they charge you for a knife that you never received or may be they will make this mistake again. Fck their excuses. Fck this cock sucking company! I want to shove a strider up their fcking a_ss.

Back