Buck Suggestion Box

I'm hoping that Buck will seriously consider a few more options for the Custom shop..It just seems so easy to add a drop point for 112's especially mirror polished S30V. Handle material (Rams horn Koa?) might be more problematic but we don't mind paying to get it. Jigged Buffalo horn for example was offered as a build out back in 2011 for both a 110 and a 112 and flew out the door and if Buck offered that now ,even for a limited time, I'm sure it would be a big seller. In fact if Buck offered options for a limited time in the Custom shop for hard to find handle material or steels due to inventory or supply issues we would be fine with that..

How about a 916 with a full tang normal handle, maybe even a stock micarta like the 124? Sold as a stock knife not custom for us cheap skates?
Or just a normal handle in custom shop that i can skrimp and save for, because i love everything about that 916 from the guard to the tip of the blade!! :D

xl vantage I've been begging for. 3.75" to 4",blade. heck a 3.5" blade I'd be okay with. not much in this size american made and at a decent or affordable price point with a pocket clip and one hand open and closing.

382 from Post Falls. I’ll take 2 please.
I guess then it would be a 312.

Last edited:
53647599-079D-4E76-A896-C81AE9D58CCE.jpeg
Capital Idea! I'm sorry I let mine go.

I’ve never owned one but have held one a couple of times. When I was a boy I visited the Buck knives display case at the feed store every time we went so I could look at the 107 Scout. I always wanted one.

Anyone have a picture of that 107 Scout? Just curious?

Above is a picture of one I borrowed from the web.

Thanks. I did google. To be honest it isnt really grabbing me. Guess i might have to see one in person?

I love the 524, it's an awesome knife, but if I was forced to complain I'd say the logo on mine is 90% gone after a month in pocket.
It doesn't really bother me but I would be extra happy if it was stamped and there to stay.
Now if they used brass and a 55 blade I'd buy one in a heartbeat, they'd do well on these at $30 I think.

This is like a ghost logo, it shows up in the right light but it's definitely mostly gone now.

I like the pocket worn look and getting a knife looking like an old companion in short order, but I'm sure there are people out there who do not like this.

Last edited:
I love the 524, it's an awesome knife, but if I was forced to complain I'd say the logo on mine is 90% gone after a month in pocket.
It doesn't really bother me but I would be extra happy if it was stamped and there to stay.
Now if they used brass and a 55 blade I'd buy one in a heartbeat, they'd do well on these at $30 I think.

This is like a ghost logo, it shows up in the right light but it's definitely mostly gone now.
I like the pocket worn look and getting a knife looking like an old companion in short order, but I'm sure there are people out there who do not like this.

No i want a knife to look as good as it can as long as it can.

I've got a few suggestions I've come up with.
- offer the 112 drop point in s30v and 420 in the custom shop. We all know they have the blades.
- offer more wood handle options in the custom shop. I'd like to see rosewood offered across the whole line. They already have it and use it for Cabelas and C&C. I'd also like to see walnut and oak offered for the 119. I'd like to order a CS 119 but the handle options are really limited and the only decent ones add over $50 to what is already an expensive knife.
- Bring back the 700 series. If Buck would like to compete in the traditionals market i think this would be a good move. The retooled 300 series could be the common edc line and the more robust 700 series could be slightly upgraded with stronger springs and better finishing. I think upgraded steel and solid stainless bolsters (with maybe the occasional run in solid brass) would go over well.
- some sort of drop point flat ground bushcraft knife made in the USA and based off of the 100 series or vanguard series. A wood handle with brass trim would be my choice.

Thanks. I did google. To be honest it isnt really grabbing me. Guess i might have to see one in person?

I think if ya handle one you will like it..:thumbsup: Kinda slim but feels fast in hand..:cool: I have large hands and I like mine.. Try it out if ya get a chance..:D
John

Back