Buck thank you card worthless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received a 25% off discount "thank you" card from Buck for sending my old 112 in for the spa treatment. I don't want to sound ungrateful, but any of the knives that I'm interested in buying directly from Buck (in order to use the card) aren't part of the deal. There are so many restricted items that the card is effectively worthless to me. Just seems rather funny that Buck sends this out, but then restricts it's actual use so much...
Rant over.
PS: Guess this is a touchy subject for some. Sorry if it gets your panties all bunched up...

Last edited:
Do you also look a gift horse in the mouth?

:)

I still think it’s kinda cool that they include a free discount coupon on some items after a free spa treatment.
It is kinda cool, but as I said, the restrictions make it rather worthless. More or less - it's just a marketing tool.

I kind of came to the same conclusion, but thought it was a nice gesture.

the value of having a new blade put on my old knife for just $10 shipped Outweighed any negative feelings I got from the useless card.
A good point.

D dpsk , how much did the spa treatment cost ????
I've got a few Buck knives and am unfamiliar with the spa treatment.

What are the restrictions?

"excludes Web Specials, Cutlery, Limited Editions, BSA, Eagle Scouts, and CKS"
Everything I've added to the checkout cart and tried to use the code on has been restricted. There are better prices on the same items through popular third party vendors.

I'll play devil's advocate here.

The purpose of the discount code on the thank you card is to take the good will garnered by the spa treatment and turn it into another sale. Both parties win. Customer feels good about spa treatment plus the loyal customer discount they just got and Buck gets revenue from the sale and even more brand equity/customer loyalty.

In this case it's not accomplishing that even though the recipient wishes it would (and Buck does too!).

Maybe a 2 tiered discount can be offered. 25% off all regular stock items or 5% off any custom shop/limited knife (maybe a max discount of $20-$25 for customs/limiteds [discount stops at $400-$500 knife].

I just want to see all parties happy.

Rich

D dpsk , how much did the spa treatment cost ????
I've got a few Buck knives and am unfamiliar with the spa treatment.
$6.95 - The spa treatment is absolutely awesome - so many kudos to Buck for that... It's effectively a complete reconditioning of the knife (within the limits of any damage to the differing parts). Link here to the "Buck Forever Warranty" site:
https://www.buckknives.com/about-knives/bucks-forever-warranty/

I had my circa 1980/81 Buck 112 done and the results are amazing. That's why I don't want to sound ungrateful for the 25% discount card. However, it just seems to me that it should be able to be used on more items.

I'll play devil's advocate here.

The purpose of the discount code on the thank you card is to take the good will garnered by the spa treatment and turn it into another sale. Both parties win. Customer feels good about spa treatment plus the loyal customer discount they just got and Buck gets revenue from the sale and even more brand equity/customer loyalty.

In this case it's not accomplishing that even though the recipient wishes it would (and Buck does too!).

Maybe a 2 tiered discount can be offered. 25% off all regular stock items or 5% off any custom shop/limited knife (maybe a max discount of $20-$25 for customs/limiteds [discount stops at $400-$500 knife].

I just want to see all parties happy.

Rich
Amen!

$6.95 - The spa treatment is absolutely awesome - so many kudos to Buck for that... It's effectively a complete reconditioning of the knife (within the limits of any damage to the differing parts). Link here to the "Buck Forever Warranty" site:
https://www.buckknives.com/about-knives/bucks-forever-warranty/

I had my circa 1980/81 Buck 112 done and the results are amazing. That's why I don't want to sound ungrateful for the 25% discount card. However, it just seems to me that it should be able to be used on more items.

Gotcha, thanks for the info.

I don't! I just don't like seeing such ingratitude!
In fact I have gotten several and will not likely ever use them, but I'm not complaining about. Sure it'd be nice to get a discount on an LE or such, but that's their choice.
So you're effectively saying that no criticism is allowed. Sorry, but NO company should be beyond criticism. That's part of what makes capitalism great! I am a huge Buck fan, but if they're offering a discount that effectively can't be used - what's the point???

You couldn't find anything?

Buck_Stuff.jpg

You couldn't find anything?

Buck_Stuff.jpg
Nothing that I'm personally interested in. They are maybe more specific items, but a couple of them (Pursuit series for example) are excluded and I'm wondering why... I'd have to page through and look, but I believe I've tried about 5 different knives (or sets). The one's that seem to be covered are generally more basic designs that are easily found for good prices elsewhere. As such, I've just bought them through different vendors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back