Buck Vantage Pro

Whatever questions you have, the guys over in the Buck forum can answer them all. You should post this up over there so more of them see it. I’m sure you will be satisfied. :thumbsup:

Nice knife. Kind of like an inexpensive Mayo knife. I bought the cheapest version. It would fail a spine whack test but that was readily tweaked out. Good high hollow grind and heat treat makes it a nice slicer. I bough it for men's fishing weekend. It served it's purpose and became the midnight arm wrestling prize. The guy who won it, luvs it. He's beat it pretty hard for at least 5+ years and it's still ticking. He uses it as a beater.

I've bought a few of these -lost a nice 337 into a customers fiberglass filled attic insulation. Only way to deal with that trauma was buy two more so that when I lost the next one -I'd have a immediate replacement on hand. Excellent S30V Boss blade -locks up really tight- Paradigm two step blade deployment is both safe and really handy.Only thing I really didn't like was the bright shiny pocket clip. Increase the cost of my three 337's by the cost of 3 Buck 345 BOTL Vantage -bought those for their nice dull black clips which I switched onto my 337 s. While I was waiting for my second pair of 337's to come in -I used one of my 345's for about three weeks- a very credible every day user -consistent good lock up-like the slot opening feature a lot. Very comfortable in my hand in terms of long term cutting tasks -this is a lot of useful tool for relatively little money. I recently bought a Paradigm auto -hey-it's all black including the clip-haven't used it yet. Unlike my experience with Buck Mayo's years ago - every one of these knives has been mechanically OK. Took 'em awhile to get the kinks out in Idaho -but seems to me they are making darn good knives across a broad range of price ranges -a really tough trick to pull off.

I have both a pro & base model, base model is in my pocket now.
Both are good. The people is noticeably nicer, smother. As always Buck HT is on the money.

I've had three of them and gave two away as gifts. They're very nice for the money, IMO. Just the right size for the pocket, looks good, good steel.

Back