Buck Vantage

Review of the Buck Vantage folder- my wonderful wife did some yard work , which I appreciate. I usually take care all things outside. She put the pruners in such great spot when she was done, nobody can find them.
Review - I used my Buck Vantage ( the bigger of the two models) to trim and prune all day long. Not the best tool for the job but it sliced through everything no problem and it stayed sturdy, solid and razor sharp. It’s a good knife. I ‘m gonna keep it.

Buck makes great knives and stands behind them with one of the best warranties you can find. A visit to the factory in Post Falls, Idaho, is well worth the trip.

Good knife (I have one also); but mine will not work as a flipper any way except giving it a HARD, FAST wrist flick. That's my only problem with it. Holds a good edge and lock up tight. I'm not fond of thumb slots, so to open mine I wrapped the top of the thumb slot with black, braided shoe lace and super glued it in place - that works fine.
Rich

Good knife (I have one also); but mine will not work as a flipper any way except giving it a HARD, FAST wrist flick. That's my only problem with it. Holds a good edge and lock up tight. I'm not fond of thumb slots, so to open mine I wrapped the top of the thumb slot with black, braided shoe lace and super glued it in place - that works fine.
Rich

Send it in to Buck. I did with mine and it came back super smooth and flickable. Turn around was about 3 weeks?

I brought one to "men's fishing weekend." A BassPro special, real cheap. Wanted to try it and figured it would be a minimal loss if it hit the water.

It suffered "rock lock" and would not passed the spine test. A little adjustment by me and it was fine. I used it for the weekend and the last night gave it up as a prize for the arm wrestling competition. My friend who won it loves it. He's carried often over the last 4-5 years and really likes it. Takes a good edge, holds it, and no problems. The "rock lock" never returned.

The Vantage is a derivation of the Buck Mayo, kind of like the grandson. They both have similar blade shapes, same opening hole and the handles have a similar feel. Although not a Tom Mayo design, I think it's close.

Rich

I think that for something at its price point, there can be variations. I've had four of these, two each in small and large versions, Pro and Select, got seven years ago. The small Pro never opened properly despite two trips to customer service (btw, Buck Warranty made things right for me, so I have no complaints), but both large versions were perfect out of the box, have remained so to this day, and they all flip just fine. Luck of the draw.

Review of the Buck Vantage folder- my wonderful wife did some yard work , which I appreciate. I usually take care all things outside. She put the pruners in such great spot when she was done, nobody can find them.
Review - I used my Buck Vantage ( the bigger of the two models) to trim and prune all day long. Not the best tool for the job but it sliced through everything no problem and it stayed sturdy, solid and razor sharp. It’s a good knife. I ‘m gonna keep it.
Is this the Select or Pro version?

Back