Buck Warranty Service Question

I have very little experience with Buck's Warranty service, but I recently sent in a knife to be looked at.

My question is this: does Buck provide any sort of email communication as your knife is received, processed, and returned or am I just waiting until I receive a package in the mail?

It's not a big deal either way, I just want to know what I should expect.

To answer you question; Yes and No. I have got an email on one spa treatment and the next I did not. It seems to take around a month. It is worth the wait.

They usually email you when they open your knife package. Then in a couple of days they'll email you and tell you it's done and they're shipping it back to you. I just sent one in and turn around was right at 3 weeks...

The couple things I sent in the emailed me when it was processed and when it was coming back to me. As long as u filled out the form and sent it u should get a email.

They usually email you when they open your knife package. Then in a couple of days they'll email you and tell you it's done and they're shipping it back to you...turn around was right at 3 weeks...
This ^
Give them a call to ease your mind?
OG

I’m not looking to throw this thread off course, but if you don’t mind, I have a somewhat related question. I’m sending in a knife for a spa treatment. Am I supposed to include a check, or do they ask for a credit card number, at some point? Thanks in advance.

I have very little experience with Buck's Warranty service, but I recently sent in a knife to be looked at.

My question is this: does Buck provide any sort of email communication as your knife is received, processed, and returned or am I just waiting until I receive a package in the mail?

It's not a big deal either way, I just want to know what I should expect.

I sent something back a few months ago. I rcd no communication until a nice lady called me to apologize for no longer having the parts to fix mine. She offered me my pick of any item of equal value or less from their web store.

They usually email you when they open your knife package. Then in a couple of days they'll email you and tell you it's done and they're shipping it back to you. I just sent one in and turn around was right at 3 weeks...

Thanks for that.. Just sent 4 last week.. No hurry on them but this is great to know!!! John

It is interesting to read about them sending emails. I have not received any emails when they received a knife or when they return them to me. The only way that I know is when the USPS shows them as being shipped. I have sent in quite a few this year, too.

It is interesting to read about them sending emails. I have not received any emails when they received a knife or when they return them to me. The only way that I know is when the USPS shows them as being shipped. I have sent in quite a few this year, too.

Just wondering, did you use the warranty repair form? I have sent them in and got the email the day before they came back in the mail... It may depend on how busy they are at the time?

If you don’t mind me asking which knife did you send in and which knife did you pick to replace it?

I sent something back a few months ago. I rcd no communication until a nice lady called me to apologize for no longer having the parts to fix mine. She offered me my pick of any item of equal value or less from their web store.

If you don’t mind me asking which knife did you send in and which knife did you pick to replace it?

Oh I don't want people to focus on a product, just service. Suffice to say the knife was not cheap :) but the problem was also due to hard use and age. I really like the knife but it is out of production. I asked if the knife was still safe and they said yes so I asked them to return it. I can send it back any time if I change my mind.

Not recommending this, but last time I sent one in I couldn’t put my hands on my checkbook, dropped $7 dollar bills in the package - everything worked out fine. Good folks up there at Buck. OH

When we open and process your package, you will get an auto generated e-mail from us IF you have provided your e-maill address to us and another one when it ships with the tracking info. Some customers have reported that this e-mail has ended up in their SPAM folder.
Please keep in mind that it can take a couple weeks to get to opening your package after arrival, so you won't hear anything until then.

I hope this helps

Jeff

Finally got the email message that my knife had been received by Buck today. Less than an hour later I got an email stating that it was on the way back to me.

Now that's FAST service!!! :D:D

I have received the notice the same day the knife came in... It's been awhile since that happened though... I must say the last 10-12 knives that I have sent in have come back perfect!!! One, for instance, is this 620 it was used and sort of abused it had a cachinger in the middle of the blade, no more... I posted this on the last SPS but I figure this is a different subject. The custom sheath was made by my friend Makael...

IMG_0618.JPG

Back