Buck124 in 5160 Steel!!!!

I did take pics with one of my sheaths. the factory sheath is the Black leather version.

completely bad arse...heck of a find. I'll be adding one of those.

5160? Just awesome!

Nice find Mike. Thanks for sharing it.

Last edited:
Outstanding!

I’ve had a couple 124’s but they all felt like 2X4’s in hand. This one looks a bit more svelte!

M Mr. Tettnanger the older ones were more rounded. The best thing about the newer ones is that there is plenty of handle to modify. Easier to make something smaller and rounder than to make it bigger and blockier.

I’m not saying that they need to be modified but if you wanted to you certainly have something to work with.

Outstanding!

I’ve had a couple 124’s but they all felt like 2X4’s in hand. This one looks a bit more svelte!
M Mr. Tettnanger the older ones were more rounded. The best thing about the newer ones is that there is plenty of handle to modify. Easier to make something smaller and rounder than to make it bigger and blockier.

I’m not saying that they need to be modified but if you wanted to you certainly have something to work with.

That's exactly what I did with my standard 124. It doesn't take a lot of effort to round the square edges down a tad, and you end up with a very comfortable knife. With that said, I used mine as it was for two years before deciding to modify the handle.

nbJly7lh.jpg

i62LmFlh.jpg

IYXsvivh.jpg

7ZTNBpnh.jpg

lW3sF4wh.jpg

That's exactly what I did with my standard 124. It doesn't take a lot of effort to round the square edges down a tad, and you end up with a very comfortable knife. With that said, I used mine as it was for two years before deciding to modify the handle.

nbJly7lh.jpg

i62LmFlh.jpg

IYXsvivh.jpg

7ZTNBpnh.jpg

lW3sF4wh.jpg
Looks real nice

Nice job. Did you do the clip point as well?

The steel has been the only thing holding me back from one of these. 5160 would get my money.

Is Buck releasing these in 5160?
looks like c&c is doing an exclusive run of them soon. guess Mak got the first and only blem from the run.

Back