BUCKS AND BOURBON

@shb - I'm always amazed by the natural cross-hatch pattern in ivory. I like it as much or even more than the cross-cut. I've got some in my shop I need to put to use.

Back on topic. I think I have enough bourbon, scotch and related spirits to keep this thread kicking for a while.

Yes its wine. But it's aged in Woodford barrels which really gives cabernet something else to cheer about. From my favorite winery in the Bluegrass.

I'm in, my Buck Bourbon buddy. This is a local Eastern PA startup and very good. By the way, I purchased Wyoming Whiskey a while back thanks to you and it was very good too, so thank you :thumbsup: I'll be looking for Noah's Mill now :D

Buck-%2BEight%2BOaks%2B03b.jpg
BuckShack BuckShack I pass Eight Oaks almost daily going to and from work... Great Place! I am a bourbon guy and am a fan of their products. They also make great cocktails when you visit. Just finished some of their rye and it was delicious...
This has been a recent go-to as far as small batch bourbons... VERY NICE:thumbsup:
AF009D9D-B611-4D4A-8D67-8937FE4FDCF1.jpeg

STEELHEADBULLY STEELHEADBULLY Bourbon in a wine bottle? I have my doubts about that... Lol. I will get some posted up, I am recovering from the flu, so no action shots.

MT, not sure what you mean by "cross hatch", are you referring to the sherga lines within the crosscut?. I like all prehistoric Ivory:D:D

And all this double oaked made me find these old pictures. Just picked up the Kentucky derby Woodford bottle yesterday, so I'll get picks of that in a bit:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

P1013233.JPG P1013235.JPG P1013238.JPG P1013240.JPG

I think it's a tusk...The accompanying article is clear as the Mississippi River....:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::D
Don, I know that it is a tusk;)

In SHB photos the lines most evident are the black curved, irregular ones. I don't think those are the Scherger/Sherger lines because the articles refers to crosshatched lines and type of angle as Scherger lines. IDK!:confused:

Don, I know that it is a tusk;)

In SHB photos the lines most evident are the black curved, irregular ones. I don't think those are the Scherger/Sherger lines because the articles refers to crosshatched lines and type of angle as Scherger lines. IDK!:confused:
The black lines are the natural hairline cracks that have developed in the Ivory over the past few thousand decades. They are resin filled and then polished down in order to help stabilize for the next few thousand decades. The handle on the 124 is from the same tusk as the piece's it is shown with. Those have not been resin filled, so, no black lines. The sherger(sherga in hillbilly) are very noticeable in the picture that I show the serial # of the blade in, and also in the zoom that st8yd posted(thanks!). Hopefully this clears the air a bit.

I'm really surprised no one has mentioned Buffalo Trace and Bulliet small batch bourbons. These are easily up there with Blantons, Rare Breed, and Woodford Reserve (three of my favorites).

I'm really surprised no one has mentioned Buffalo Trace and Bulliet small batch bourbons. These are easily up there with Blantons, Rare Breed, and Woodford Reserve (three of my favorites).
I had 3 handles of Buffalo trace and 1 handle of Woodford at my wedding about 7 1/2 years ago. I drank a lot of Buffalo when I lived in KY and hung out at Keeneland to bet simulcast every week, but about 6 years ago Bourbon got widely popular and Buffalo trace became the most trewndy of the Bourbons, and when something becomes trendy the price goes up. Just happened with the Weller(which is made at the Buffalo trace distillery). But still a very good Bourbon and became popular for good reason.

Bulliet is a great Bourbon for the price but hard to put it up with Blantons and Woodford, those are a small step up, with that said I drink far more Bulliet than I do Blantons or Woodford. And Bulliet Rye is absolutely delicious for the price.

Larceny is also a great choice for a night of entertainment that will not bust your bank account.

I like expensive and cheap bourbon, so I guess my Buck buying determines how nice of Bourbon I will be drinking in any given season:D:D:D:D

Back