Buck's Large Trapper

bucklife, thank you for posting these nice photos of your handsome Millennium Trappers. It looks like your black delrin model has serial # 0975.
If that's is the number, it is the highest number I've seen in these models. Does your jigged bone model have a serial number? Then your parts model is handsome too. pjsj has one like it. I like your sheaths too. I think that is the better method to carry this model. And a sheath didn't come with it. DM

If that's is the number, it is the highest number I've seen in these models.
David, FYI, my 334 Millennium Trapper has serial number 1678.
DSC_0264.JPG

pj, thanks. That's the highest number I've seen. Any guess toward how many were manufactured? DM

Thanks David no my jigged bone millennium trapper has no number or etching it was used the etching was messed up so I sent it in to Buck for a spa treatment and had the etching completely removed and the number on the bolster . I got the box somewhere I think it was numbered I’ll have to see.

So, you have it with a face lift and it looks good. But lost some items. I hope you find that box with the number and let us know. There must have been quite a few of these made. Especially if you factor in all the parts models. DM

Thank you Bucklife. That's a low number. And you did not buy it from Smokey Mountain. DM

You’re welcome no I got it off the bay last year . I’ll probably get two more if I come across them at a good price if they haven’t been used just to have, both my Millennium trappers were used.

bucklife, they looked good and I thought they were NIB. So, on our jigged bone 334 you lost the silk screen and the etched serial number. Too
bad. I only carry and use my 'parts model' with black delrin handles. That way I keep my others looking in new condition. I have a parts model jigged bone I could carry and use. Still, your lucky to have those. Thanks, DM

Mak, is that your photo of the small trapper? Or a photo you lifted from a site? Still, a handsome Trapper. DM

That small Trapper looks to be near the size of a 307. They used a rear pin instead of a lanyard sleeve. An interesting model. I like it. DM

Since I have been following this thread...I want one lol! Having a 112 size with 2 blades is appealing to me. So are any of the Trappers have upgraded steel? Or even came mirror polished? I have come to the point where I really don't need a different Buck..frankly my 112's along with my club 301 handle pocket/belt carry well...but the last week or two I've shifted to my 110 Racer LT because of the textured handle seems to helps with my recent severe carpal tunnel problems. Maybe a large trapper with jigged bone will give me a more secure grip. But I have a few gnarly Elk and Stag 112's...

The Trapper fills the hand nice.
Since I have been following this thread...I want one lol! Having a 112 size with 2 blades is appealing to me. So are any of the Trappers have upgraded steel? Or even came mirror polished? I have come to the point where I really don't need a different Buck..frankly my 112's along with my club 301 handle pocket/belt carry well...but the last week or two I've shifted to my 110 Racer LT because of the textured handle seems to helps with my recent severe carpal tunnel problems. Maybe a large trapper with jigged bone will give me a more secure grip. But I have a few gnarly Elk and Stag 112's...

I think I would enjoy carrying & using that size Trapper. I'm trying to make out the 'Salute to the N. R. O. A.' ? What is that? DM

I’m with you on a good grip that fills the hand bucksway. I’ve had both hands carpal tunnel surgery back in 1999. That CTS terrible, I would think I had a grip on something and then just drop out of my hand or a hammer would go flying across the shop. I had numbness and swelling in both hands but the surgery took care of that but now I’ve got a bit of arthritis that creeps in at times. I am lovin the January botm 112 with the swelled middle and the grippy sculpted cocobolo handle. It’s pleasant to use and is a tremendous good knife. I’m now thinking I should have got the 110 to match it. Lol
I don’t mind using a slim knife for a short time like the 110 slim pro or a vantage and that’s probably 90 % of my usage but when I’m doing a lot of trimming or heavy cutting my hands cramp up and then they pop and crackle to get them straightened out. Lol.
So that’s why a also keep a 110 LT standard size close by or in my coat pocket. I can do a lot of heavy cutting work before my hand tires.

bucksway, a Trapper with jigged bone handles will give you a good grip. I don't know of a Trapper that was offered with up grade steel. Camillus
did use 440A steel prior to switching to 420 steel. I've not seen one with mirror polished blades. But that would be no big deal for a custom knife maker to do. DM

Last edited:
Back