Building a resume (finally)..any advice?

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by bmilla35, Sep 8, 2012.

1. AlexMoore

AlexMoore

Oct 18, 2019
    Oh, I myself need some advice. I just have no idea what to write in my resume. I study in college and my homework was to write a resume and the problem is that before I did not. I have a few ideas, but I can’t formulate my thoughts correctly. [spam removed] but to be honest even that doesn't help me. I’m even afraid to imagine how I will write a resume in order to get a job!

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2020
  2. eisman

eisman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2009
    USAjobs.gov has a standard resume builder. It's geared towards gov't funded positions, many of which require you to already be in one of the departments or agencies. But they have over 10,000 positions open to the public, which is how to get in the system. Resumes built can be saved as a pdf and used for positions outside the gov't.

annr likes this.
  3. 3fifty7

3fifty7 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Take an add out in the nearest large market “Hiring” for the job you want. Setup an email for resumes to be sent to. Read over the entries and get a good idea of the current crop of competition.

4. gadgetgeek

gadgetgeek

May 19, 2007
    This thread is 8 years old. I'm hoping the OP has this sorted by now.

5. DaBobHere

DaBobHere

Oct 11, 2019
    You're right. Writing a resume is so complicated nowadays.

6. cchu518

cchu518 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Pm me your email

7. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    If you are in college or just out of college, you list course work that is generic to the position you seek, any summer jobs you have had, GPA and so forth. Once you get a few year's experience in your field, then college becomes less important and you just mention degree, gpa if it was high, and year. Lots of resume formats available on line and built into software like MS Word. Most important thing is to be HONEST.