Building my Buck 110 and 112 collection

This 110 collecting idea could be quite expensive. There are the dlt exclusives, the copper/clad exclusives, I like that aluminum shiny bolster sv 30 one, the ecolite, the automatic, so on. Could spend a fortune.

However, to me, out of them all, the 2021 Legacy is the most radical, different and unique 110, love it or hate it,….and its a MUST have in my opinion. Once supply is gone, people not going to part with them cheaply years from now.
Seems Buck is slowly doing more and more with the take apart 110. Good to see.

Theres 3 maybe 4 variations now? I cant recall.

Seems Buck is slowly doing more and more with the take apart 110. Good to see.

Theres 3 maybe 4 variations now? I cant recall.
Agreed.

The ones I recall:
110 Desert Ironwood, 420HC DLC Coated - BCCI 30th | Qty. 125
110 Red Micarta, 420HC Stonewash - June 2019 BOTM | Qty. 205 --> They also did a 112 variant of this knife for the July 2020 BOTM with 420HC Satin Finish | Qty. 150
110 Marbled Carbon, S45VN - 2021 Legacy | Qty. *Only Avail 2021*

Anymore 110 take-apart knives? Besides DOGPOUND77 DOGPOUND77 stunning 110/112 African Walnut 1 of 1 set.👍

Last edited:
Agreed. The ones I recall: 110 Desert Ironwood, 420HC DLC Coated - BCCI 30th | Qty. 125 110 Red Micarta, 420HC Stonewash - June 2019 BOTM | Qty. 205 --> They also did a 112 variant of this knife for the July 2020 BOTM with 420HC Satin Finish | Qty. 150 110 Marbled Carbon, S45VN - 2021 Legacy | Qty. *Only Avail 2021* Anymore take-apart knives? Besides DOGPOUND77 DOGPOUND77 stunning 110/112 African Walnut 1 of 1 set.👍
This 110 collecting idea could be quite expensive. There are the dlt exclusives, the copper/clad exclusives, I like that aluminum shiny bolster sv 30 one, the ecolite, the automatic, so on. Could spend a fortune. However, to me, out of them all, the 2021 Legacy is the most radical, different and unique 110, love it or hate it,….and its a MUST have in my opinion. Once supply is gone, people not going to part with them cheaply years from now.
This 110 collecting idea could be quite expensive. There are the dlt exclusives, the copper/clad exclusives, I like that aluminum shiny bolster sv 30 one, the ecolite, the automatic, so on. Could spend a fortune. However, to me, out of them all, the 2021 Legacy is the most radical, different and unique 110, love it or hate it,….and its a MUST have in my opinion. Once supply is gone, people not going to part with them cheaply years from now.
Some how my replies got lumped together. Tecate, the Model 186 from 1986 was the original take apart 110 format knife.
Zippo123, My collecting objectives, which include part switching, center around improving performance rather than trying to catch all the variations in materials.

Some how my replies got lumped together. Tecate, the Model 186 from 1986 was the original take apart 110 format knife.
Zippo123, My collecting objectives, which include part switching, center around improving performance rather than trying to catch all the variations in materials.
I don't disagree with you and I see the parallels between the two models, but in my mind it needs to be a model 110 to qualify as a take-apart 110. Then again, my mind is pretty simple.

Last edited:
I move blades back and forth among 110’s, 111’s, 429’s, 426’s, 560’s and 186’s. Sometimes handles have to be modified. Not a purist I guess.
I don't disagree with you and I see the parallels between the two models, but in my mind it needs to be a model 110 to qualify as a take-apart 110. Then again, my mind is pretty simple.

Last edited:
I move blades back and forth among 110’s, 111’s, 429’s, 422’s, 560’s and 186’s. Sometimes handles have to be modified. Not a purist I guess.
Wow, a 110 with a 422 blade would be really cool (pictures please), but I don't think it's possible. I tried once and found that the tang geometry is all wrong to put a 112 (422) size blade in a 110 size frame. Were you maybe thinking 426's?

Wow, a 110 with a 422 blade would be really cool (pictures please), but I don't think it's possible. I tried once and found that the tang geometry is all wrong to put a 112 (422) size blade in a 110 size frame. Were you maybe thinking 426's?
I screwed up. I corrected the post. I meant 426 blades in a 110 handle, but 112 blades do fit in a 110 handle. Just don’t put a 110 blade in a 112 handle unless you leave it open. The 110 with a 112 blade is great for ham fisted guys who like a smaller blade.3792923D-B779-4DE3-9660-310A15C4D146.jpeg

Ok where I am at now….
Have added six buck 110’s

1. 2021 Legacy sv45 carbon fiber
2. Cocobolo finger drop point
3. G 10 pro sv30
4. Alaskan guide Rosewood sv30
5. Walnut scales Standard
6. Cherrywood BSA nickle bolsters

I like them all….was fortuneate to get some nice wood grain figure on all. The boy scout cherrywood is awesome, as is the copper&clad cocobolo and even the standard with walnut wood has some nice dark streaks…

Hard to say which is my favorite….I was really surprised how much I liked the BOY Scout at $ 70 bucks SMKW and the cooobolo at 89 bucks, Copper&Clad. They are lookers. Really happy that they are all different scale material, no duplicates. My next one will be a oak handle drop point probably or a stag horn or ironwood.

Last edited:
Ok where I am at now….

1. 2021 Legacy sv45
3. G 10 pro sv30
5. Walnut Standard
6. Cherrywood BSA nickle

I like them all….was fortuneate to ger some nice grain wood on all. The boy scout cherry is awesome, as is the cocobolo and teh walnut has some nice dark streaks…

Hard to say which is my favorite….I was really surprised how much I liked the BOY Scout at 70 bucks and the cooobolo at 89 bucks. They are lookers. Really happy that they are all different scale material, no duplicates.
nice collection. all great ones there.

Ok where I am at now….
nice collection. all great ones there.
Doesn't look like you need much enabling, you have done very well!
I will go ahead and suggest that you add a stag and or damascus to you fine collection...
PdDqXkn.jpg

Nice start.
Where's the ebony and brass 110?
It's one of the nicest, and yet most common.

I agree the wood handled one are some of the prettiest.
I've been contemplating a brass and Black palm wood one.

Ok where I am at now….

1. 2021 Legacy sv45 carbon fiber
3. G 10 pro sv30
5. Walnut scales Standard
6. Cherrywood BSA nickle bolsters

I like them all….was fortuneate to get some nice wood grain figure on all. The boy scout cherrywood is awesome, as is the copper&clad cocobolo and even the standard with walnut wood has some nice dark streaks…

Hard to say which is my favorite….I was really surprised how much I liked the BOY Scout at $ 70 bucks SMKW and the cooobolo at 89 bucks, Copper&Clad. They are lookers. Really happy that they are all different scale material, no duplicates. My next one will be a oak handle drop point probably or a stag horn or ironwood.

#5 looks like a 112 in a 110 handle, or did you just sharpen it often?

Question regarding the 2021 Legacy 110 SV45 CF. When I see thumbstuds that extend beyond the top edge of the blade, something in my brain flashes "RED ALERT: SNAG MAGNET!" for some reason. Anybody have experience actually carrying thumbstuds of this design? What's the scoop?

Question regarding the 2021 Legacy 110 SV45 CF. When I see thumbstuds that extend beyond the top edge of the blade, something in my brain flashes "RED ALERT: SNAG MAGNET!" for some reason. Anybody have experience actually carrying thumbstuds of this design? What's the scoop?
They can be removed, there’s a screw that locks it on the spine.

i have this knife and carry it sometimes. I see what your thinking. but I haven't experienced that personally....yet anyways.

I have a JAG custom titanium with a screw on thumbstud setup like this, but wider and bigger and no issue carrying or using it either.

Nice start.
Where's the ebony and brass 110?
It's one of the nicest, and yet most common.

I agree the wood handled one are some of the prettiest.
I've been contemplating a brass and Black palm wood one.
Agreed,,,,yes
I think I am going to 110 ebony drop point direct from Buck.

i have this knife and carry it sometimes. I see what your thinking. but I haven't experienced that personally....yet anyways.

I have a JAG custom titanium with a screw on thumbstud setup like this, but wider and bigger and no issue carrying or using it either.
Thank you! Great to hear your first hand experience.

Back