Building my Buck 110 and 112 collection

Doesn't look like you need much enabling, you have done very well!
I will go ahead and suggest that you add a stag and or damascus to you fine collection...
PdDqXkn.jpg
YES. I can see that in my future…
Stag, Oak, Ironwood, maybe Bluewood, Burl….it never ends, does it, ha.

Question regarding the 2021 Legacy 110 SV45 CF. When I see thumbstuds that extend beyond the top edge of the blade, something in my brain flashes "RED ALERT: SNAG MAGNET!" for some reason. Anybody have experience actually carrying thumbstuds of this design? What's the scoop?
In all the times I've carried a 110 or 112 with a thumbstud, there has only been one accidental deployment. Thankfully I didn't cut myself but it was unnerving.

Ok where I am at now….
Have added six buck 110’s

1. 2021 Legacy sv45 carbon fiber
2. Cocobolo finger drop point
3. G 10 pro sv30
4. Alaskan guide Rosewood sv30
5. Walnut scales Standard
6. Cherrywood BSA nickle bolsters

I like them all….was fortuneate to get some nice wood grain figure on all. The boy scout cherrywood is awesome, as is the copper&clad cocobolo and even the standard with walnut wood has some nice dark streaks…

Hard to say which is my favorite….I was really surprised how much I liked the BOY Scout at $ 70 bucks SMKW and the cooobolo at 89 bucks, Copper&Clad. They are lookers. Really happy that they are all different scale material, no duplicates. My next one will be a oak handle drop point probably or a stag horn or ironwood.

Ok…new addition comming…
Just ordered the Ebony wood Drop Point direct from Buck..

they sent me a 20 percent coupon code.. …so with tax and shipping came to $59 bucks. Had to take it for that.

Update. Got the ebony drop point from Buck. Nice, but the grind on one side is twice the width of the other side.

Last edited:
Ok…new addition comming…
Just ordered the Ebony wood Drop Point direct from Buck..

they sent me a 20 percent coupon code.. …so with tax and shipping came to $59 bucks. Had to take it for that.
That is a great looking knife!

Because of blade length legal restrictions over the years a few manufacturers made knives with a shorter blade and long handle. Overseas in Europe where locking knives are severely restricted you will see that too. I remember looking at adds that stressed maximum legal length and hinted at defensive use..I like 'Oddball' 112's period and a 112 blade in a 110 frame. ..Yep!

Reactions: plb
I believe there is a half dozen or so 110/112 Buck models along with of course David Yellowhorse and other Customs. It's a fairly heavy Buck to carry. I had a double 112 with a drop point and clip blade (one of the dozen 112's of mine that went missing in 2014) and it was hard to open too. As far as finding one just look on Ebay. They show up regularly there and I'm sure on a Google search a few will show up but won't be inexpensive..

From all the negative comments, mmmm, kind of makes me not want one much…..ha…but I would only have it for display, an oddity, I would never use it.

Back