Building my Buck 110 and 112 collection

I believe the reason we don't see examples of 112 blades in 110 handles (except tiguy7's take apart) is the rocker lock bar lug on the 110 is not the same as the 112. When I tried to put a 112 blade in the a 110 frame, the rocker sunk down too low in the frame and the tail lock raised up too high. You can insert the pivot pin, but the geometry is not correct for the lock interface. For the 110/112, Buck had to make special rocker lock bars for the 112 blade. Here's an excerpt from June 2017 BCCI Newsletter:

"However, a two blade 110/112 cannot be made from current Buck parts. The reason for this is that the original 2004 and 2006 models used a special rocker for the 112 blade, specific to that knife. That special 112 blade rocker fit the length of the 110 handle, while at the same time was of a slightly different length compared to a 110 rocker, in order for the locking lug to engage the locking notch in the 112 blade."

There is no hope for your recovery :eek: ...congrats!
No I guess not…ha..
I just see those empty slots on my display stand I built and feel a need to fill them up.
Have a 112 blue wood and a 112 slim pro carbon fiber in the way…..somebody please stop me….please

Actually I am going to get an few old buck 110s and bust the scales off and make my own exotic wood ones…birdseye maple? zebrawood? Koa? Bocote, spalted maple? something exotic and not seen ….. a project. I use to build my own ukuleles
from scratch so I think I am up to the task. Need to funnel my energy building stuff instead of buying stuff.

Last edited:
I'm sure you mean Yellowhorse 110/112 😊 Auto-correct is the scourge of day!
Great looking knife!!
You are correct. LOL That's what I get for posting after watching an episode of Yellowstone.

I corrected the post. Thank you.

Collecting matching 110/112's has been a thing for a long, long time. My Brother David's wife Cindy does it but David "Helps" quite a bit. Buck Feaver hits hard but fortunately we can treat the symptoms! Next year is the 50th anniversary of the 112 and we will see lots of special LE's so keep a eye and credit card handy..

what about the 2, 3, 4 dots.

worth adding to a collection? Do they have $value more than a new $59 buck 110?

which variation is the most sought after of the dots

what about the 2, 3, 4 dots.

worth adding to a collection? Do they have $value more than a new $59 buck 110?

which variation is the most sought after of the dots

Depends! What are of you collecting and where it fits into your collection. Of course, the condition of the individual knife and who's buying or selling...lots of varieties, lots of variables.
ETA, ...a word of advise, start defining your goal in what every you decide to collect.

Last edited:
VERY good advice. If you look at my collection of pics a few post back, its mainly new stuff, factory and dealer exclusives, different scale materials, sv 30 steel.

Just getting a standard looking old production 2, 3, or 4 dot is not in the same vein on my collection. if there was a special edition or custom shop 2,3, 4 dot, that would make more sense.

Collecting matching 110/112's has been a thing for a long, long time. My Brother David's wife Cindy does it but David "Helps" quite a bit. Buck Feaver hits hard but fortunately we can treat the symptoms! Next year is the 50th anniversary of the 112 and we will see lots of special LE's so keep a eye and credit card handy..

Thanks for info…However there are a number of 110 …50 anniversary models on ebay…but they do not appear very special….in appointments…
a 50 year logo, on a composite diamondwood scale and a 50 year stamp on blade
falls short of being something special I think…maybe I am wrong…

if there was a special edition or custom shop 2,3, 4 dot, that would make more sense.
I know there are those with gold etched blades, some with just a black etch(I think) Might be some early ones from the 'old custom' shop.

Thanks for info…However there are a number of 110 …50 anniversary models on ebay…but they do not appear very special….in appointments…
a 50 year logo, on a composite diamondwood scale and a 50 year stamp on blade
falls short of being something special I think…maybe I am wrong…
Don't sell the 50th Anniversary edition short...

zipppo123 it's all about what YOU like..And to a certain extent your budget. A factory NIB Custom shop Stag in BG42 from the 90's is highly sought after by a lot of collectors..and is not easy to find. Condition is important in early knives too. A good example is a one line 110. It's a relatively plain looking knife with about 7 variations from the 60"s and just about all are found used and even the box and shieth can be worth $100's. More than one Ebay seller has been shocked by how much they sold for that looked nice!
Seriously consider a 'theme' because it's so easy to end up with a "Pile" not that there's something wrong with that but a well defined goal or plan IS very satisfying. I decided on rare, odd, one of one and prototype/sample 112's right from the start in 2007. And a few years later safety award and advertising 112's because I could find them at a reasonable price and most were odd in some way. But odd and price was and is the most important thing to me. Some 110 collectors love gold etch knives (Think my Brother David lol) but if you plan on actually using your collection you might not go with the etched knives.
I would suggest by handle material first. Buck has used a lot of different ones over the years. Second by blade steel and some of them are very rare for example S45VN. I like Bucks S35VN myself especially drop points. Customs from different makers like Leroy Reamer or Wild Bill Cody is a great theme. But my best advice is collect what you think is Fantastic..

Thanks all for very sound advice. I actually been focusing on handle material primarily, second on blade steel.
thats good enough. Getting into comemeoritives, dots, first and last production, anniversaries, custom shops, so on…to broad a swipe…to complex to too big of a commitment to follow. And too expensive a task.

I like the different steels myself on 110s...handle materials is fun too, but I go for steels. pretty sure I have all of them Buck ever used except for a 425m 110. ill grab one, one day.

QUESTION TO BUCKSWAY

I want to collect a few buck 112.
i have a white g10 black oxide blade, ……112 drop ebony, ……..and a bluewood drop point,
I need 3 more to finish my 6 knife display rack.. theme ..just non typical buck 112 models

going have a custom shop 112 oak sv30 finger groove done some day

so that leaves 2 spots I want to fill..

any ideas?

should I get g 10 112 pro sv 30 ?

A 112 5160 steel?

112 slim pro carbon scale lilmited edition like this

Last edited:
Back