Building my Buck 110 and 112 collection

I don't have the Carbon fiber 112 yet and I agree it's a great one. My favorite user is the Slim Pro Plus in S35VN. One of the best, coolest LE 112's is the Buck of the Month (BOTM) with a drop point S35VN, Nickel silver frame, textured Cocobolo handles from Taylor guitars. There is also a matching 110. Feels great in hand with Bucks best 112 steel in a drop point (still uncommon in 112's) rare and desirable enough that even if you used it and tossed the box it would be a very quick sale if you wanted to try a different one. I would suggest after that BOTM search for one of the few Take apart LE 112's. I REALLY like them because first they are odd and you can change blades and handles, hardly anybody sells them so they will absolutely hold their value and even though Buck is not really supporting the concept now by selling loose blades and/or handles that could change in the future. There is a kinda matching 110 and if I'm remembering correctly the frame is aluminium? A lot of firsts for that one..

One of the best, coolest LE 112's is the Buck of the Month (BOTM) with a drop point S35VN, Nickel silver frame, textured Cocobolo handles from Taylor guitars. There is also a matching 110.
Clint is right about these two making the cut for your collection. The 110 was, Sept 2019, the 112, Jan 2020.
JnpLryx.jpg

Here's a thread that has many 112s in it...

zipppo123 it's all about what YOU like..And to a certain extent your budget. A factory NIB Custom shop Stag in BG42 from the 90's is highly sought after by a lot of collectors..and is not easy to find. Condition is important in early knives too. A good example is a one line 110. It's a relatively plain looking knife with about 7 variations from the 60"s and just about all are found used and even the box and shieth can be worth $100's. More than one Ebay seller has been shocked by how much they sold for that looked nice!
Seriously consider a 'theme' because it's so easy to end up with a "Pile" not that there's something wrong with that but a well defined goal or plan IS very satisfying. I decided on rare, odd, one of one and prototype/sample 112's right from the start in 2007. And a few years later safety award and advertising 112's because I could find them at a reasonable price and most were odd in some way. But odd and price was and is the most important thing to me. Some 110 collectors love gold etch knives (Think my Brother David lol) but if you plan on actually using your collection you might not go with the etched knives.
I would suggest by handle material first. Buck has used a lot of different ones over the years. Second by blade steel and some of them are very rare for example S45VN. I like Bucks S35VN myself especially drop points. Customs from different makers like Leroy Reamer or Wild Bill Cody is a great theme. But my best advice is collect what you think is Fantastic..

I miss BG-42. I had a (then) new production Buck 110 I got on sale for $29.99 and got the custom shop BG-42 blade swap. I loved that knife and used the crap out of it!

Received my 112 Carbon Fiber sv30 today. limited 1000 pieces. Filling up my 112 slots.

I like it. Super light weight. A nice pairing with the 110 carbon fiber

Read a few reviews that it was poor quality, junky. Mine has a
grind that looks good, action is fine, a bit stiff, but ok. Nice looking carbon fiber scales.Its fairly plain though, no embelishments…
they could have spruced ut up with black or red hardware,

For the same money, you could also get the 112 pro sv30, which is quite a more substantial knife….and I think the better choice for sure, value wise.

Nice price and service from GP knives.

Last edited:
What is the feeling here on the Buck 110 Slim pro. I have read good and BAD reviews.
worth buying????
Personally I like sheath carry on my belt ... I don't like a big knife in my pocket. I think the 112LT (nail nick & sheath) is the ultimate EDC. Light weight, rock solid, indestructible nylon sheath, stone-washed blade, and cheap! I have two, it's my only EDC. What can beat it?

Don't sell the 50th Anniversary edition short...
Thanks for that link. I have a 110 FG 50th with no medallion as well as a 110 50th with a medallion. I had no idea on the rarity. I have been using the standard one like a regular 'ole 110.

Back