Built myself a mini squirrel sniper

I picked a slightly used Ruger Charger last year. After shooting it at the range I decided it had potential to be a great hunting gun. I wanted to stay away from the tactical look and not spend a ton on it. I mounted a vortex 3 x 9 rifle scope on it . Easier to hold steady closer to your body. Being a lefty I added a left handed safety. I ditched the bi-pod and mount for it . Flush mount 10 round mags work better for me in a hunting gun . I changed the grip to a stark equipment grip with a hook sling mount. I made the sling so it hangs under my right arm. When I bring the gun into shooting position the sling is a third point of contact to help steady the gun. It makes it nearly as steady to hold as a rifle , without the bulk or weight of a brace or the tactical look

I picked a slightly used Ruger Charger last year. After shooting it at the range I decided it had potential to be a great hunting gun. I wanted to stay away from the tactical look and not spend a ton on it. I mounted a vortex 3 x 9 rifle scope on it . Easier to hold steady closer to your body. Being a lefty I added a left handed safety. I ditched the bi-pod and mount for it . Flush mount 10 round mags work better for me in a hunting gun . I changed the grip to a stark equipment grip with a hook sling mount. I made the sling so it hangs under my right arm. When I bring the gun into shooting position the sling is a third point of contact to help steady the gun. It makes it nearly as steady to hold as a rifle , without the bulk or weight of a brace or the tactical look
We'd love to see it.

Zieg

Sounds like a winner, I love my 10/22s but I’ve yet to pick up a charger.

Remember I want to avoid tacticool, it is purely a hunting gun. It has a pretty good trigger as is
GdXWHSv.jpg

FDBE7346-DD73-48F7-B08D-3C0FC050D6A0.jpeg
That in the US?
Looks like a Ruger 22/45 with a stock added on.

This is actually a rifle based on a Browning Buck Mark pistol. The .22 cal rig has a stainless barrel wrapped in Carbon fiber. The pistol frame and yoke for stock attachment are one piece and made of Aluminum. So Google Browning Buck Mark FLD Target 22 LR.

I have a couple 10/22s I think they are great guns. My youngest son doesn’t like the heavy barrel guns.

Your rifle looks great. Tell me, how is the squirrel hunt progressing? I've tried to hunt squirrels a couple of times, but I'm too nervous and it doesn't work out. These disgusting squirrels are getting to me, they are constantly digging in my front garden and digging up my flowers. I'd love to shoot them, but I can't. I've heard a lot about wildlife removal companies and thought I'd contact them. I would like to hear opinions on this. Maybe someone has experience working with similar companies.

Last edited:
Your rifle looks great. Tell me, how is the squirrel hunt progressing? I've tried to hunt squirrels a couple of times, but I'm too nervous and it doesn't work out. These disgusting squirrels are getting to me, they are constantly digging in my front garden and digging up my flowers. I'd love to shoot them, but I can't. I've heard a lot about wildlife removal companies and thought I'd contact them. I would like to hear opinions on this. Maybe someone has experience working with similar companies.

Built myself a mini squirrel sniper​

Does he look just like you, but smaller? :)

Back