Bullnose sheath talk

My belt is also 1 1/2 by 1/4 I like the x back or the two slots either way should work for me.

I've got a good plan for the sheath. If the mock ups work it will allow for vertical carry and an angled crossdraw. Leather came in yesterday and looks good.

Don't get too hung up on the details yet. Instead of an X-back, think of it like a V-back that allows angled crossdraw as opposed to parallel with your belt.

This would be a left handed layout if we were looking at the back of the sheath like this. It's sketched like an X Ray as if you're looking through the layers on a right hand sheath (yeah that made sense:rolleyes::D)
20190909_202739-01.jpeg
I might add another scallop at the bottom to thin things out down there amongst a couple of other changes.

Don't get too hung up on the details yet. Instead of an X-back, think of it like a V-back that allows angled crossdraw as opposed to parallel with your belt.

This would be a left handed layout if we were looking at the back of the sheath like this. It's sketched like an X Ray as if you're looking through the layers on a right hand sheath (yeah that made sense:rolleyes::D)
View attachment 1194465
I might add another scallop at the bottom to thin things out down there amongst a couple of other changes.
I like that. A lot.

View attachment 1194465

Yeah buddy. :cool:

I like that. A lot.

Agreed!!! :thumbsup: Well done good sir, well done indeed! Three cheers for John! Hip hip... :D

I think it has potential if I can pull it off.

It definitely does! My only concern is that with the limited real estate, can the longer slot on the 2-slot side be made long enough for a 1.5" belt? What size belt do your lines represent? (I know those were carefully measured. ;))

It definitely does! My only concern is that with the limited real estate, can the longer slot on the 2-slot side be made long enough for a 1.5" belt? What size belt do your lines represent? (I know those were carefully measured. ;))
They're based off a 1 5/8" belt. I mocked up some cardboard, it looks hokey but I wanted to see if any issues yelled at me.
20190910_201331-01.jpeg 20190910_201239-01.jpeg

I may add a little height to the body side of the top slot to help guide the blade when inserting it.

View attachment 1194465
Very cool John, looks like a winner.

Made a hokey leather mock up of the sheath. Has a slight cant forward on the strong side and a nice angle when worn on the support side. I cut out some templates and am going to complete one first to iron out any kinks. I really like this setup, cowbell carry? Double Dutch?
20190911_213209-01.jpeg 20190911_213202-01.jpeg 20190911_213522-01.jpeg

Back