Bura Dui Chirra's (BDC) Chopping Power

Hi All,

I recently acquired a BDC and just wonder if any of you have had significant experience with the BDC's chopping power. It's quite light and about 13.75-inches long but still feel like it can make a good chopper that I can throw in a camp bag.

Thanks!

Why don't you take it outside and give it a try? The best answer to your question is, see how it works for you!

At that length I wouldn't expect crazy chopping power but I bet you'll still be surprised at what it can do.

I've got one around the same length. It weighs about a pound and a half and it's my go-to all around khuk. It chops like a dream and is still very lively in the hand. Besides that, it's wonderful to look at. I love those double fullers and the broad leaf-like blade. Reminds me of a bent parang. Just take the chape off the sheath and dip the end in some of that rubber dip and you'll have the best camp knife ever.

Werd, Benny. The BDC is an awesome chopper and a great khuk for someone with smaller hands especially. The blade profile makes it seem almost like a baby Foxy Folly but it's got a chiruwa-style handle to top it off.