Burgundy micarta models

Cant recall if I or others have asked this before but what models did Buck make with burgundy micarta scales? I know the 124 Frontiersman, the Anouka, Kalinga, Empress Trio three piece kitchen set and a couple of the steak knife sets but were there any others?

Oh, the smallest knife in the ET set was also made as a stand alone model as I recall but that model escapes me at the moment. Really wish Buck would bring back this scale material. It’s pretty much my favorite, non natural scale material.

Also I’ve seen it described as both burgundy and maroon. I take it the terms are being used to describe the same thing or were there actually two different colors?

500, 501. 503, 505, 501, 106, 124, 401, 402, 107 and the empress set. I have all but the 107 and the empress set. At least I think the 107 came in burgundy micarta.

Last edited:
A set of custom 300 series in burgundy micarta.

SK8kOTr.jpg

I have a 1973 110 with Burgundy scales. It was a 110 an employee put together after work.
They also slimmed it down some.

I agree with you...it's one of my favorite materials on a Buck.

There is a 192 Vanguard in the Legacy series burgundy micarta handle with black g10 palmel and guard. And I think it has cpm20cv blade. I’d like to get one but it’s a bit above my limit.

500, 501. 503, 505, 501, 106, 124, 401, 402, 107 and the empress set. I have all but the 107 and the empress set. At least I think the 107 came in burgundy micarta.
ged, I'm not disagreeing with you. As we have too much in common. Yes, all of these you name were offered with maroon micarta handles. Except the 107, as a stamped 107. That I've not seen. That model didn't get it's model # until 1976. It was offered for years as
a paring knife in the Empress Trio set and in the Windsor set as a steak knife both with a 2 line stamp and no model number with maroon micarta handles. When these offering were being mfg. it was still not designated the '107'. Still, I think it was sold as a 107 because I have one with black micarta handles in a pouch sheath, new. The sheath is stamped 107 but the knife is stamped with a 2 line English script stamp. I would like to find it's box. This I have heard (from Buck employees) was done to fill orders back in the day. Just go over to
the mfg. line and take a Empress Trio paring knife off and put it in the box with it's pouch sheath. Same knife, -- order filled and out the door it went. DM

Thanks David for clearing that up. Like I said, I wasn't positive on the 107.

Man that 925 skinner sure is nice. Good lookin sheath too.

Back