Bush Brute

bikerector

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I'm excited to get some new work underway for 2021 and 1st up is the bush brute. The bigger brother to Bushcamp, the bush brute has a longer and broader blade with a slightly longer handle, both to help with heavier chores. The brute will excel around the camping environment while remaining durable enough to handle wood processing and shelter building tasks . The high point makes it a pleasure for push cutting feathers sticks or cutting on a flat surface like a cutting board, picnic table, or log. The convex grind does a great job moving wood around and slicing up your favorite meats and potatoes for your meal over a campfire. The handle is neutral so it can accommodate plenty of hand positions.

For this run, we're a thicker blade stock of 5/32" so it's even brutier.

We just sent an order into Jarod Todd for 5 blanks to be cut and heat treated so if you want a special order handle, let me know. The knives will be finished by David Mary David Mary for me.

Prices on these will be right around $185 for your common G10 colors and a little more for liners or other handle materials. They will include a black kydex or boltaron sheath unless specified otherwise in advance.

Blade Steel AEB-L Stainless Steel
Hardness 61 RC
Heat Treated by Jarod Todd Heat Treating
Blade Grind High convex
Blade Thickness 5/32”
Blade Length 6.0”
Blade Width 1.5”
Handle Material G10
Handle Length 5.0”
Overall Length 11.0”

We tentatively expect these to be available in late May or early June.

I need some better stock images but this is the best I have for now of the prototype. I have large-size hands for reference.
qVhoQCfl.jpg

fGZ6QYLl.jpg

zB9iv9Ml.jpg

lICt4d6l.jpg

EM4LY5Pl.jpg

b2V6uxKl.jpg

I'm very excited to make more Bush Brutes for The Good Knife Co. The first knife was a delight to make; kudos to Chad on an excellent design that screams "use me!". And since making these prototypes, processes and equipment in my shop have been refined in order to bring greater precision in the final product. This is a small run, so if you're looking for a beast of a slicer and medium chopper for the woods, get with Chad ( bikerector bikerector )soon, because based on the comments and messages received after Kevin's review, these will all be claimed quick - if they're not already. Don't forget they can be customized to handle and thermoform sheath materials of your choice. Chad's your guy to talk to.

I just received notice from Jarod that the AEB-L Bush Brute blanks have been heat treated and shipped out today. The MagnaCut order is still in processing.

If you want something specific, you have until the end of the day to let me know as we start handles on these soon.

Here's what we're planning on so far:
1x python micarta (reserved)
1x Black G10 with white and black liners
2x red/black g10, one of which will have light grip texturing
2x black micarta (one is reserved)

Sorry Ben, my teeth just won't work as well as the belts will. But the good news is they cleared customs today.

I'll have more individual shots of them all tomorrow for you.

IMG_1372.JPG

All of the micarta options are spoken for leaving only G10 options red/black, red/black textured, and black w/ white liners.

These G10 ones feel great in the hand. A tad heavier than the Micarta ones (except the Python, as that material was on the thicker side), but the smoothness of the G10 makes them super comfortable. And contrary to popular belief, they are not slippery: I finish my handles for actual use, meaning they are not sanded to super high grit and then buffed to a super slippery shine, but they retain good grip, and believe it or not are actually even more grippy when wet.

Here they are:
IMG_1377.JPG
IMG_1378.JPG
IMG_1373.JPG
IMG_1374.JPG
IMG_1381.JPG
IMG_1382.JPG
IMG_1384.JPG

These G10 ones feel great in the hand. A tad heavier than the Micarta ones (except the Python, as that material was on the thicker side), but the smoothness of the G10 makes them super comfortable. And contrary to popular belief, they are not slippery: I finish my handles for actual use, meaning they are not sanded to super high grit and then buffed to a super slippery shine, but they retain good grip, and believe it or not are actually even more grippy when wet.

Here they are:
View attachment 1585095
View attachment 1585096
View attachment 1585100
View attachment 1585094
View attachment 1585097
View attachment 1585101
View attachment 1585099
Think I'm going to call that last one the oreo brute. Looks delicious.

Back