Bushboot

Discussion in 'Knife Maker's Gallery' started by Fiddleback, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    I call this model the Bushboot. It has a 3.5" blade and is 7.25 OAL. The steel is 01, 1/8" thick with a tapered tang and convex grinds. The scales are black canvas over black g-10 with a blue g-10 pinstripe. The 5 eighth inch black canvas pins disappear into the scales, but are evident upon close inspection. The Bullseye filler is carbon fiber. This is the first time I've tried a dagger type of grind.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BenR.T.

BenR.T. Tanto grinder & High performance blade peddler Moderator

Apr 18, 2011
    Nice one Andy. The downward drop on the handle looks very ergonomic for "sticking" things. :D :thumbup:

3. Gody

Gody

Jul 20, 2011
    The word "sleek" comes to mind. It´s a beautiful knife IMO.

Brian

4. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Thanks guys. I was excited when I pulled that grind away from the last belt. I'll tell you that. LOL.

5. james terrio

james terrio Sharpest Knife in the Light Socket

Apr 15, 2010
    Lookin' good, Andy. Be careful, those double-grinds and fancy modern materials can be addictive :)

6. Excited and relieved maybe? I know I always am if I didn't screw it up! Lol.

That really turned out great!

7. forex

forex

Jun 15, 2006
    This is what frightens me about daggers. My final grind always ends up a bit higher than what I wanted from taking out imperfections. If that's your first try my hat is off to you. Any tips, or just practice?

8. SeanCt

SeanCt

Oct 22, 2007
    Great Knife. I like the blue pinstripe. I was thinking if you did another like this with artificial ivory scales on top and bottom with a pinstripe layer of abalone or turtle shell composite it would be a great gents boot or vest knife.