Bushboot

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
I call this model the Bushboot. It has a 3.5" blade and is 7.25 OAL. The steel is 01, 1/8" thick with a tapered tang and convex grinds. The scales are black canvas over black g-10 with a blue g-10 pinstripe. The 5 eighth inch black canvas pins disappear into the scales, but are evident upon close inspection. The Bullseye filler is carbon fiber. This is the first time I've tried a dagger type of grind.

20121102102_7582-vi.jpg

20121102102_7583-vi.jpg

20121102102_7585-vi.jpg

20121102102_7586-vi.jpg

Nice one Andy. The downward drop on the handle looks very ergonomic for "sticking" things. :D :thumbup:

The word "sleek" comes to mind. It´s a beautiful knife IMO.

Brian

Thanks guys. I was excited when I pulled that grind away from the last belt. I'll tell you that. LOL.

Lookin' good, Andy. Be careful, those double-grinds and fancy modern materials can be addictive :)

This is what frightens me about daggers. My final grind always ends up a bit higher than what I wanted from taking out imperfections. If that's your first try my hat is off to you. Any tips, or just practice?

Great Knife. I like the blue pinstripe. I was thinking if you did another like this with artificial ivory scales on top and bottom with a pinstripe layer of abalone or turtle shell composite it would be a great gents boot or vest knife.

Back