1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Bushcraft in Full Flat Grind S90V !!!

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by DavidZ, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Blade and Flame

Blade and Flame

Nov 15, 2012
    I'd be in for two. Bring on the "Nasa" Bushcraft.

2. Raylas

Raylas

Jul 27, 2012
    I would buy one of these so fast it would make your head spin! I WANT this model to exist SO BAD! :D I would LOVE a Spyderco Bushcraft in S90V, It's a great steel, I've used a spyderco southfork and would be so happy if they made another fixed blade in it!

3. Bull Mountain Custom

Bull Mountain Custom Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2008
    The handle design is nothing short of perfection. You put it in your hand and you don't want to set it down, you find yourself looking for something to cut.

4. Bull Mountain Custom

Sep 3, 2008
    Time to bring this back to the top, keep the excitement and energy going.

5. c.joe

c.joe

Apr 6, 2010
    Definitely in for this.

6. Bull Mountain Custom

Sep 3, 2008
    This thread is getting some traction over on Spyderco's forum. Traffic is being directed to post here so Sal can see what kind of demand there might potentially be so make your voice heard if you want to see this project become reality.

7. DavidZ

DavidZ Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2004
    Great new! Keep the chant going and the drums beating!

8. Brendtech189

Brendtech189 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Sal, please, for all of us that love Spydercos and would buy this knife in a flat second. Pleae make it. Please put me down for one. Thanks.
    BTW- I'd pre-pay if that helps show you how much we all want that knife to become a reality. Thanks.

9. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    We're going to make a sample and test it.

sal

10. LostViking

LostViking Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Yeah,

Even though I have not used my new to me bushcrafter, I would look very seriously at this new one in FFG, and a slightly more exotic steel.

As he quietly wispers to himself, Bocote,

11. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    Good news. Are you planning to keep the blade shape the same?

12. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    That's my current thought, but I'm open to discussion.

It's the handle that is exceptional for all types of use. The current blade shape is geared for Bushcraft.

sal

13. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    Since I have no bush to craft, I'd like to see a clip point, myself. Something like the Street Bowie, maybe a bit broader to match the handle.

14. Ji_Long

Ji_Long

Aug 2, 2013
    I would love to see more clip point spyderco's in general. I also think it would work better with the ffg s90v compared to the bushcraft blade shape. They could call it the bush bowie.

15. JoHnYKwSt

JoHnYKwSt

Mar 1, 1999
    I would prefer a more general use blade shape. Perhaps a drop point?

16. 5001craig

5001craig

Jun 28, 2012
    I really like to see anything in S90V. And I will buy it!

17. salmonkiller

salmonkiller

Dec 9, 2006
    This thread made my day on a gloomy day.Thank you Mr. Glesser for listening.

18. DavidZ

Oct 30, 2004
    That would be sweet!

19. DavidZ

Oct 30, 2004
    Anything with this handle and S90V would be great! And I will buy it! Actually, anything with this handle and a good stainless steel and I would buy it!

20. JoHnYKwSt

JoHnYKwSt

Mar 1, 1999
    I agree!