Photos BUSHCRAFT KNIFE MADE IN UKRAINE UNDER $25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this Ukranian made Bushcraft Knife made by BPS Knives. They have several models all very reasonably priced and NOT made in China. Has pretty good reviews overall. <non-supporting vendor link removed>

Anyone own one? Thoughts?

BPS-Knives-BS1-FTS-Bushcraft-Knife-Survival-Kit-for-Camping-Full-Tang-Fixed-Blade-Knives-wi-1.png

BPS-Knives-BS1-FTS-Bushcraft-Knife-Survival-Kit-for-Camping-Full-Tang-Fixed-Blade-Knives-wi.png

<non-supporting vendor link removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got the BPS B1 carbon steel. Too early to tell if it's any good. I'm gonna use it for the next few months and see how it works. It appears to be a tremendous value.

anyway, sorry, seems b1 has nothing to do with the steel...

fwiw, they use 1066 as their carbon steel, and 5cr14mov as their stainless...
which is too bad

1075 or 1080 would be near perfect for low cost carbon imho (and of course 80crv2 is like best option)

and for stainless, anything like sandvik 12c27 or 14c28n

still, I guess their stainless choice is still a much better option than low end kershaws etc which seem to gravitate to 3cr (along with shrade and probably 90% of noname overseas cheap import knives)

I like many of their designs, extremely utilitarian but looks pretty good
at least they'd all be quite tough using those steel options

*edit* after browsing some more, they listed their stainless to actually be http://www.zknives.com/knives/steels/GOST/50x14mf.shtml - a russian form of 5cr14mov, which I think is actually better, that is pretty decent

Last edited:
I’ve got on in carbon that looks pretty much like a Mora Companion. It’s not bad, although the sheath is terrible. Very thin and very easy to poke the knife through when re-sheathing.

It comes with a high polish, and a decent micro-bevel. The wood is unfinished but sanded smooth.

anyway, sorry, seems b1 has nothing to do with the steel...

fwiw, they use 1066 as their carbon steel, and 5cr14mov as their stainless...
which is too bad

1075 or 1080 would be near perfect for low cost carbon imho (and of course 80crv2 is like best option)

and for stainless, anything like sandvik 12c27 or 14c28n

still, I guess their stainless choice is still a much better option than low end kershaws etc which seem to gravitate to 3cr (along with shrade and probably 90% of noname overseas cheap import knives)

I like many of their designs, extremely utilitarian but looks pretty good
at least they'd all be quite tough using those steel options

*edit* after browsing some more, they listed their stainless to actually be http://www.zknives.com/knives/steels/GOST/50x14mf.shtml - a russian form of 5cr14mov, which I think is actually better, that is pretty decent
Well, first of - there are no anything "ruzzian" in existance, cause everything those orks have was stollen from Ukrainians and other nationalities. Don't be ignorant! Call things correctly - soviet or ex-soviet or former soviet, but never ruzian. Understood?
As for the second - it is not 1066 steel! It is 65Г (65G) soviet era spring steel, which is close to 1066 but not the same.
The properly treated 65G steel easily outperforms 1095 in any aspect except of initial hardnes. 65G won't ever chip, brake or crack, it would rather band. The best HRC for 65G is about 59-61, and BPS guys know it.

As for the stainless steel BPS uses - it is better grade soviet era surgical stainless steel, again - it is not that 5Cr14MoV for sure, but close in compound.

I will repeat, in case you haven't undestood yet: there are nothing ruzian(except of stupidness and povetry), all they have is ussr's legacy and all that they managed to stole from other cultures/countries. As for USSR - ruzia never was a leader of industry, scince or culture. All the prominent scintists, engineers, designers and other great people were mostly ethnical Ukrainians and sometimes those were representatives of other nationalities, but ruzians are very rare to be found among.
And there's no such nationality as "ruzian" and never existed actually. It's like american nationality - who are they? Indians? Same with those orks - ruzzians, or you better call them - kacaps. Ruzians don't have culture, history or any kind of legacy - pure povetry in it's worst.

As for topic itself - I have 3 BPS Knives. The Adventurer(61hrc, 65G steel), the HK4 D2 (61hrc, D2 steel) and the Savage(60hrc, 65G steel). Love all of them! Heat treatment is outstanding! What they managed to retrive from conventional steels is fantastic. There's nothing special about 65G or Surgical Stainless Steel they use, but the result is their knives perform better than most knives in $200+/-20 range in real world tasks.
Though BPS Knives are not tactical or combat they are helping us to eliminate ruzian orks every day and never let anyone down.

Mora? How could you compare that chineese plastic thing to partly handmade and 100% finished by hands full tang knife with real wood scales and real leather sheaths?
Mora is walmart knife, that's it.

Well, first of - there are no anything "ruzzian" in existance, cause everything those orks have was stollen from Ukrainians and other nationalities. Don't be ignorant! Call things correctly - soviet or ex-soviet or former soviet, but never ruzian. Understood?
As for the second - it is not 1066 steel! It is 65Г (65G) soviet era spring steel, which is close to 1066 but not the same.
The properly treated 65G steel easily outperforms 1095 in any aspect except of initial hardnes. 65G won't ever chip, brake or crack, it would rather band. The best HRC for 65G is about 59-61, and BPS guys know it.

As for the stainless steel BPS uses - it is better grade soviet era surgical stainless steel, again - it is not that 5Cr14MoV for sure, but close in compound.

I will repeat, in case you haven't undestood yet: there are nothing ruzian(except of stupidness and povetry), all they have is ussr's legacy and all that they managed to stole from other cultures/countries. As for USSR - ruzia never was a leader of industry, scince or culture. All the prominent scintists, engineers, designers and other great people were mostly ethnical Ukrainians and sometimes those were representatives of other nationalities, but ruzians are very rare to be found among.
And there's no such nationality as "ruzian" and never existed actually. It's like american nationality - who are they? Indians? Same with those orks - ruzzians, or you better call them - kacaps. Ruzians don't have culture, history or any kind of legacy - pure povetry in it's worst.

As for topic itself - I have 3 BPS Knives. The Adventurer(61hrc, 65G steel), the HK4 D2 (61hrc, D2 steel) and the Savage(60hrc, 65G steel). Love all of them! Heat treatment is outstanding! What they managed to retrive from conventional steels is fantastic. There's nothing special about 65G or Surgical Stainless Steel they use, but the result is their knives perform better than most knives in $200+/-20 range in real world tasks.
Though BPS Knives are not tactical or combat they are helping us to eliminate ruzian orks every day and never let anyone down.

Mora? How could you compare that chineese plastic thing to partly handmade and 100% finished by hands full tang knife with real wood scales and real leather sheaths?

a6Adupq.jpg

No one here needs a lecture on what to call the Russians. We can call them whatever we want. "Understood?"

Russian knife makers, and discussion of Russian knives, are just as welcome on this forum as any other knife makers or knives from other countries. People here don't judge Russian knife makers for the actions of their government. And it's a widely accepted rule here to keep politics out of knife discussion.

And who are you to call members "ignorant" and tell us about "american nationality"?

Lighten up. Stick to knives. Leave the politics and criticism of other countries and their people out of this forum.

If there's one thing that should be free from politics, and all the bull-S that goes with it, it should be an appreciation for knives.

Last edited:
a6Adupq.jpg

No one here needs a lecture from you on what to call the Russians. We can call them whatever we want. "Understood?"

Russian knife makers, and discussion of Russian knives, are just as welcome on this forum as any other knife makers or knives from other countries. People here don't judge Russian knife makers for the actions of their government. And it's a widely accepted rule here to keep politics out of knife discussion.

And who are you to call members "ignorant" and tell us about "american nationality"?

Lighten up. Stick to knives. Leave the politics and criticism of other countries and their people out of this forum.

If there's one thing that should be free from politics, and all the bull-S that goes with it, it should be an appreciation for knives.
Oh really?
I wonder if that ruzian government came to my house and slaughtered my wife and kids or those were ruzzians themselves? And it must be putin with lavrov who launched misiles strikes on Ukrainian cities killing civilians. Can you tell me? Stop watching bull-s on tv, wake up - it is ruzzians who came on my land to kill us all, not their terroristic government. Understood?
You can call yourself what ever you want, but ruzians are kacaps.
And who am I to call ignorant ignorants? Well, I am the person who calls apples apples, not oranges + the person who's eliminating ruzians every day on regular bases for 14 monthes already. So if you don't need lectures - you are free to go.

I feel sorry for all of you ruzian supporters/lovers/admiers and wish all of you feel what is "ruzian world" for real in your life. And then we talk.

They’re made in Sweden, not China. Never seen one in Walmart.

As for how it compares, look at the shape of the Mora companion and the shape of the BPS….

D Dimitros - you are better off venting about politics in the right area on the forums, this is not the place. No is denying that there is a conflict going on, but there is a place to discuss the rights and wrongs as people see it.
Keep the knife talk about knife talk, no matter what country or maker.

Oh really?
I wonder if that ruzian government came to my house and slaughtered my wife and kids or those were ruzzians themselves? And it must be putin with lavrov who launched misiles strikes on Ukrainian cities killing civilians. Can you tell me? Stop watching bull-s on tv, wake up - it is ruzzians who came on my land to kill us all, not their terroristic government. Understood?
You can call yourself what ever you want, but ruzians are kacaps.
And who am I to call ignorant ignorants? Well, I am the person who calls apples apples, not oranges + the person who's eliminating ruzians every day on regular bases for 14 monthes already. So if you don't need lectures - you are free to go.

I feel sorry for all of you ruzian supporters/lovers/admiers and wish all of you feel what is "ruzian world" for real in your life. And then we talk.
Nobody is saying they support Russia here. They’re just saying that this is a knife forum and not the place for the discussion you’re trying to have.

Stick to talking about the knives. Not the countries involved.

D Dimitros - you are better off venting about politics in the right area on the forums, this is not the place. No is denying that there is a conflict going on, but there is a place to discuss the rights and wrongs as people see it.
Keep the knife talk about knife talk, no matter what country or maker.
What he said. We don't talk politics outside of the Political Forum.

Good advise for yourself , and to go a little easier here , just starting out , my friend .

And Welcome ! :)
Thanks for advice! And thanks for wellcoming me!
I simply hate when people due to lack of education/knowledge call "ruzian" all the soviet stuff, starting from weaponry ending with vodka. Global misunderstanding of history and unknowledgement of historical facts + ruzian global propaganda are the reasons people from all around the world making these mistakes - call soviet things ruzzians.
You don't like pitics? Neither do I! But I don't like political/historical ignorance even more. It is common problem of western world - everything, which is somehow related to ussr era, is called "ruzian". It is terribly wrong!

Thanks for advice! And thanks for wellcoming me!
I simply hate when people due to lack of education/knowledge call "ruzian" all the soviet stuff, starting from weaponry ending with vodka. Global misunderstanding of history and unknowledgement of historical facts + ruzian global prooaganda are the reasons people from all around the world making these mistakes - call soviet things ruzzians.
You don't like pitics? Neither do I! But I don't like political/historical ignorance even more. It is common problem of western world - everything, which is somehow related to ussr era, is called "ruzian". It is terribly wrong!
I understand we all have our emotional triggers , but this is a knife forum and the moderators are fairly strict on discouraging political or religious topics .

It does tend to just get everyone rilled up and distracts from the main point of interest here , which is to share the love of knives ! 😍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back