Bushcraft list has disappeared

There used to be a customer list for the Bushcraft knife at http://kosterknives.com/Bushcraft2015.htm.

The Page Info on the page showed its last update as 2/4/16. The page has been yanked. I tried changing the 2015 in the URL to 2016 but that didn't work either.

I don't do Facebook but his main page there doesn't look like it has been updated in months.

Sure would be nice to get some believable and reassuring info from this guy.

Dan pulled all the lists and made a new one but the dates have all been changed. He's invoicing for all unpaid knives, even before completing all the "paid for orders".

I was number #523 on the previous list, now I seem to have vanished from the list.

Is there another list?

Looking at people near you on the old list I saved I see that Richard R (513) and Chris S (525) are also missing. I hesitate to say this but you might email or call Dan. He might have accidentally skipped a few names when he came up with this new list.

Dan's grouped the new list into weekly batch dates. I'm cautiously optimistic that he's found a way to break the backlog into manageable bites. We'll know by September if not sooner if this is working.

I was dropped off the new MUCK list as well (Michael R), but since I signed up during the "no deposits" period of 3 years ago there's nothing really lost I guess. I've got my bushmaster in 3V, so I should probably just be content with that.

You can get hold of Dan via Facebook fairly easily, in my experience, and he will be quite pleasant and accommodating. Unfortunately, his ability to follow through with what he promises or says he will do is entirely wretched, and I advise avoiding his work entirely. If you can get something of his from a store or another forum member, go for it. Unfortunately, after dealing with him I find myself contemplating selling the knives of his that I do have to finance replacing them with knives from other companies/makers that do better work and have much, much better reputations. Also, if the quality of his knives reflect the integrity of his behavior, I find myself uneasy with the thought of truly depending on a Koster knife. Good luck

You can get hold of Dan via Facebook fairly easily, in my experience, and he will be quite pleasant and accommodating. Unfortunately, his ability to follow through with what he promises or says he will do is entirely wretched, and I advise avoiding his work entirely. If you can get something of his from a store or another forum member, go for it. Unfortunately, after dealing with him I find myself contemplating selling the knives of his that I do have to finance replacing them with knives from other companies/makers that do better work and have much, much better reputations. Also, if the quality of his knives reflect the integrity of his behavior, I find myself uneasy with the thought of truly depending on a Koster knife. Good luck

I bought my Bushmaster when he offered it up as a "buyer moved on" one-off sale after I was on the Bushmaster waiting list for about 18 months with no real traction. The fact that it matched the knife I had ordered was an added bonus. I haven't pressed on the MUCK since that time, but it would have been nice to not just be forgotten entirely after 3 years on the list.

Never ever been treated like this before such a shame as the product is good. Still live n learn . PS Dan can i have my money back .

Back